SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my windshield replaced with a non OEM shield (Pilkington). It was working fine but after three years or so my rain sensor came off and I want to re-glue it.
I have three parts, the bracket, the sensor and the gel pad.
I was thinking to use rearview mirror glue to glue the bracket on but when I re-glue the bracket and put the gel pad on, do I need to use another type of gel? Or is the gel pad by itself good enough?
It seemed there was some sort of lubricant on the gel pad when it came off the windshield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I buy just the bracket by itself or do I need to get the whole assembly? If so, does anybody have part number for the bracket? I could not find it on the part itself nor is it on the exploded view. It might be part of the windshield.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I think not the whole assembly, but just the rain sensor part. When people get new windshields they also get a new sensor to re-stick to the windshield. Most of those that have had it done and the repair place tried re-sticking the old one have had problems. Let me see if I can find the part...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the bracket that came off the windshield. I have a pic of it but I'm still trying to figure out how to post it.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Any windshield I've had replaced came with a lifetime warranty. Have you checked with the installation company about getting it repaired?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's definitly worth a try. I'm afraid I might have a hard time finding out who did the install. It has been three or more years ago. I have to dig through a few receipts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts