SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 V70 AWD and I want to hardwire my valentine one through the center light console. I have already removed the console, but I am having a hard time figuring out which wire I need to tap. I want to use a 12 volt "switched" wire. Does anyone have a diagram or know which wire it is that I want to use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I figured out how to do it on my own. I ended up going out and getting a volt meter and used it to determine which wire is a switched 12 volt. I ended up using the blue wire from the sun roof. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I havent mounted the detector yet, I need new suction cups, but I tested it and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Or, I have a 98 V70 and in the manual they show an accesory plug under the driver's side dash near the relays. It has a ground, hot and switched wire all there ready to be used. I have my V1 and bluetooth kit plugged in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.