SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a hard-copy service or shop manual - one that clearly show how to remove the center radio/AC console, door panels, headliner, seats and other interior panels and coverings.<p>I'm thinking of installing soundproofing to reduce outside and road noise, and to resolve squeaks inside the vehicle.<p>Are after-market manuals, like Chilton's, still available? Should I stick with a Volvo-printed manual? What's the cost?<p>Thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Hardcopy manual for 2007 S80? (SINCGARS)

I don't think they have anything like that anymore. I'm pretty sure the tech's pull all their information off of VADIS now, so there's no need for a service manual or such for them. And the S80 isn't the kind of car to have lots of self-servicing owners, so there probably isn't an aftermarket service manual available.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: Hardcopy manual for 2007 S80? (SINCGARS)

No hard copy manuals exist for any Volvo.<br>All information is carried on the VIDA network.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Hardcopy manual for 2007 S80? (VolvoMax)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>VolvoMax</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No hard copy manuals exist for any Volvo.<br>All information is carried on the VIDA network.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Isn't VIDA the old Volvo system based on a locally installed program, whereas VADIS is the new system which is a web based subscription service issued directly from Volvo in Sweden?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: Hardcopy manual for 2007 S80? (vivek9856)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>vivek9856</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Isn't VIDA the old Volvo system based on a locally installed program, whereas VADIS is the new system which is a web based subscription service issued directly from Volvo in Sweden?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Nope, you have it backwards. Vadis is the old CD or DVD based system. Vida is the new net based system.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: Hardcopy manual for 2007 S80? (vivek9856)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>vivek9856</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Isn't VIDA the old Volvo system based on a locally installed program, whereas VADIS is the new system which is a web based subscription service issued directly from Volvo in Sweden?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Other way around.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Hardcopy manual for 2007 S80? (VolvoMax)

Ahh. Thanks for correcting me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts