SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2016XC60 with about 21,000 miles makes loud thud when shifting from park to drive. Does it on ocasion,in the past, but yesterday really bad. Is this a software update? Earliest dealer appt is August 19.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
371 Posts
Our 2016XC60 with about 21,000 miles makes loud thud when shifting from park to drive. Does it on ocasion,in the past, but yesterday really bad. Is this a software update? Earliest dealer appt is August 19.

Thanks, Bill
Mine did something similar to that. Does it also make the thud when shifting from reverse to drive or just park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
There were a couple bulletins for this. There is a special adaptive process in VIDA if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Take it to the dealership for a TCM update. This is a widely documented issue with these vehicles remidied with a software update. My 15 V60 and my GF's 13 XC60 had the same issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine did something similar to that. Does it also make the thud when shifting from reverse to drive or just park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just Park.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a similar issue in my 2013 XC60. Both park to drive and reverse to drive. They did the adaptation reset procedure and it has helped, but I still get the issue on occasion.

·
Registered
2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design
43 Posts
Is there a cost for this adaptation software update if going thru a dealer?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the answer. Picked up a great value 1OWNER XC60 R-DESIGN that was meticulously maintained(tsb's maintenance and what not) but I guess not this software update. This clunk into and out of park I though was weird. I usually shift into neutral, apply electric brake and then shift into park. Coming from a manual accord this almost feels like the routine I was used to so no biggie.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Does it lurch forward too when you go from park to drive? Unfortunately my 2015 RD did this at around 40k miles and volvo tried the normal software updates and adaptation, leading to having to replace the entire trans. Hopefully your under warranty.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
6 speed autos from 2012 to end of build have an issue with some seal rings. It is fixed easily without a new gearbox now since a repair kit is available. The kit and a repair method were released about 2 years back. The trans is removed and the bellhousing case is removed. The first clutch drum is removed and 5 seals are changed. The originals were seals used for years with a diagonal split. The replacement is teflon or something similar but has a different joint design that seals better. The leakage dials up the adaptive solenoid control for warm fluid and when cold the pressure is too high for thicker fluid which doesn't leak or leaks less. If the conditions are not those listed in the tech journal and VIDA then the seal kit repair will not fix it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
BHOM920, as far as my X is concerned it does not lurch at all. Functions normally. Just flushed the tranny fluid, which added even more sturdy shifts(felt too squirmy before). The only thing is that dorky clunk to and from Park. I assumed it was because of how the parking lever "RESTS" on or in the transmission but I engage park in neutral, apply parking brake, then shift to P and it's still "heavy". I don't just shift to Park and let the lever "rest" on my tranny, if that makes sense.

Just weird but doesn't seem problematic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts