SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do the new SPA Volvo models have hard plastic seat backs? They look and feel cheap and out of place.

Do they have a function? Is it part of the new WHIPS system? The service manager told me they thought it might be containing the massaging seat mechanism.

I much prefer the older Volvo seat backs, either leather or cloth - a high quality feel.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The scalable platform architecture goes back to 2014 XC90, so not clear what MY you saw. Could you have been looking at the child seat-back protector, which is an option?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
The scalable platform architecture goes back a decade or more, so not clear what MY you saw. I think you may have been looking at the child seat-back protector, which is an option. The base seat material underneath it is leather (or fabric), and the hard plastic protector is removeable.
SPA has not been around for a decade. He is talking about the backside of the front seats.

They don't hold anything. They pop off easily for easy access, which I love as a technician.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I love my 2019 XC60, the front cabin is superb, then you get to the back seats.....I feel it does cheapen the look a bit, but the only occupants are usually our 2 dogs and they dont seem to mind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts