SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a major issue, but I had this rectified during my 10k service to which the Service response was that the fluid reservoir was low. Funny because I filled it to the brim and still nothing from the rear, while the front wiper fluid is freely flowing.
Wondering if anyone has a DIY fix for getting the fluid flowing to the rear again? The rear is clogged and the front is fine.

Sure the rain is all but over here in NorCal. but the rear window accumulates so much dirt very quickly.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Rear Wiper

I know this is not a major issue, but I had this rectified during my 10k service to which the Service response was that the fluid reservoir was low. Funny because I filled it to the brim and still nothing from the rear, while the front wiper fluid is freely flowing.
Wondering if anyone has a DIY fix for getting the fluid flowing to the rear again? The rear is clogged and the front is fine.

Sure the rain is all but over here in NorCal. but the rear window accumulates so much dirt very quickly.
I know a DIY project might solve the problem, and would be a lot of fun, but you should really take it back and let them know they didn't fix it. Suggest to them that after they "think it is fixed" (again) that they should demonstrate the fix while you are standing there. If its fixed, great. If not have them call you when it is fixed. It annoys me beyond belief when they tell you its fixed and then its not.

·
Registered
430 Posts

I don't specifically have an answer but do have an observation that may be connected. While I have a V90 and not an XC60 I suspect the rear wiper parts would be very similar. I've noticed that the wiper fluid that is sprayed on the rear window is very 'frothy'. Almost like a liquidy mix of shaving foam and the head of a beer. The fluid that sprays on the front window isn't like that and since I assume they come from the same reservoir there must be something that makes the rear fluid more frothy. I haven't had a clog but could this be somehow connected to the clogging you're seeing.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. I agree that this should have been repaired the first time. But I ask if anyone knew of a simple DIY solution, because of the complication of bringing the car to the dealer for service. No local dealer can provide a loaner vehicle, during this repair without 1-2 months notice. The hassle is too great from a time perspective in my schedule currently. I will likely have to wait for the next major service to have this addressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts