SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will say it again Hands On Approach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I had new tires put on the R on 2-12-09. The old tires always pulled to the left even with proper alignment and rotation, the new tires almost cured the problem. So today I am working on my parking brakes and I discover the left rear tire is a 225-40R-18, I know I ordered 235-40R-18. Sure enough the other 3 tires are 235-40R-18. I called the tire dealer and they ordered another tire to be installed tomorrow. Double check all work being done to your car, Hands On Approach!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Wow, good catch!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: (GiRaff3)

HOLY CRAP!! Are you kidding? Seriously, wtf is wrong with the service industries in this country? They can't even match the right tires.

OR

they knew the tire was the wrong size but didn't have 4 of the ones you ordered and tried to sneak it past you.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Hands On Approach (vlvman)

Wow, now thats pretty bad service.

Reminds me once of a time I replaced tires on a customer vehicle. They were special ordered by the customer to the dealer. I mounted and balanced all four. Two days later the customer returned and was pissed we installed the wrong tire on one out of four. When we looked closer at the tires one was rated 93H and the other three were 94Y or something like that. Mind you the tires were the exact same brand and size and tread pattern, it was just the load rating was one size off. I got reamed for doing such a thing. 1. I didn't order the tires, the customer did and had them drop shipped to the dealer. 2. Other than the load rating that was on the tire, they were identical in every respect. We later found out that the particular load rating was 100lb difference. Granted, I didn't object to mounting the correct tire after it came in but this customer made it seem like I just raped his mother and killed his dog. Oh and he was an X VCNA employee. I won't mention names if you do read this but you know who you are.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Re: Hands On Approach (Oceans60R)

Quote, originally posted by Oceans60R »
Wow, now thats pretty bad service.

Reminds me once of a time I replaced tires on a customer vehicle. They were special ordered by the customer to the dealer. I mounted and balanced all four. Two days later the customer returned and was pissed we installed the wrong tire on one out of four. When we looked closer at the tires one was rated 93H and the other three were 94Y or something like that. Mind you the tires were the exact same brand and size and tread pattern, it was just the load rating was one size off. I got reamed for doing such a thing. 1. I didn't order the tires, the customer did and had them drop shipped to the dealer. 2. Other than the load rating that was on the tire, they were identical in every respect. We later found out that the particular load rating was 100lb difference. Granted, I didn't object to mounting the correct tire after it came in but this customer made it seem like I just raped his mother and killed his dog. Oh and he was an X VCNA employee. I won't mention names if you do read this but you know who you are.

Amazing what lack of knowledge on a subject will produce in people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.