SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get hands-free calling and iphone/ipod/ipad connectivity in our 2008 Volvo C70 (with Dynaudio & Navigation), and coming up with no solution. Maybe you can help?

As far as I can tell, the Parrot Mki 9200 is the best unit, but it requires a vehicle-specific wiring harness to attach. I took our 2008 C70 into two local stereo shops (San Francisco Bay Area/San Jose), and they could/would not do it because they could not buy a wiring harness from Quick Connect, and did not know enough about Volvos to suggest an alternative.

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring harness for our C70 that will work with the Mki 9200?
Or, alternatively, suggest a better-than-parrot option for hands-free calls + iphone connectivity--I'm looking for the best available solution, even if it is not the cheapest.
Or, can you suggest a shop in the SF Bay Area that can do it even without a stock harness?

I'm not looking to do the install myself, as I want it to look right. But I am stuck because I can't even find a shop who will do it without an off-the-shelf wiring harness....

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
You might Give Cartronics in San Rafael or Santa Rosa a call

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2008 C70 w/Nav is not a MOST/fiber optic system.

Maybe this thread from another Volvo forum will help you! I would like this myself too for my 08 C70 and iPhone.
http://www.volvo-forums.com/t35057-xc90-ipod-and-bluetooth.htm
Thanks for the link; however the linked solution for the XC90 SUV will not work for my C70 convertible. :( I have previously emailed with Howard (tech person) at Quick Connect, and he suggested their beta fiber-optic solution. So I sent him a photo of the electronics under the passenger seat, and he said their system will not work. Based on a photo of cables coming from the electronics under the passenger seat of my 2008 C70 with Navigation, at least, Howard at Quick Connect said he system is *not* a fiber optic system, i.e. not a MOST system, and the Quick Connect fiber/MOST system will not work. He said Quick Connect has no solution for the C70 with Dynaudio. (At least as of last year, when I contacted Quick Connect).

Maybe there are some C70s that are fiber optic--I can't say. But my stock 2008 C70 is not.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I guess it wouldn't work for me then either since I have the same setup as you (Nav and Dynaudio). Would have liked a built in handsfree unit too. I use my iPhone in a charging holder with a small clip-on overhead bluetooth speaker. Not my ideal choice but it suffices for my needs. (And in NY, I don't need anymore cellphone tickets!)

·
Registered
105 Posts
From what I understand, Volvo switched to Fiber Optics starting mid 2008 on the C70. Seems to make sense to me since the dealer ran the VIN on my '08 (Dyn & Nav) before ordering and installing the Volvo iPod adaptor kit for me. (Which by the way also works with the 6cd changer as I've read many posts saying that it will not.)

I didn't bother getting the bluetooth as I don't need to make phone calls often enough in the car to justify the expense. However, one of the things I did look at was this from Scosche:

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/1919

For under $80 it's a simple way to wirelessly stream audio and have bluetooth connectivity via the aux input jack in the console.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts