SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Nice find, quick Google search didn't find anything. 55euro to ship to us for that small thing is ridiculous.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Could you take pictures of the damage and parts in question? I've replaced my hand brake hardware before, but am not familiar with where this block is located.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
found this, ended up being 52usd shipped:

https://volvocarparts.nl/en/handbra...e-bracket-counter-bearing-handbrake-shoe.html

this is the block
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o301/geoguy1/Volvo parking brake shoes/parkingbrakespring3.jpg
there are tons of reports of brake pads delaminating, spinning around in the hub, and shearing that clean off. Often times locking up the wheel in question. Very dangerous.
Luckily it happened to me ~10 feet out of my driveway so nothing else was damaged.
I pulled the brakes apart and all 4 pads had completely delaminated at 80k miles. I'll now be replacing the drum shoes ever 40k miles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so after ordering from volvocarparts.nl/swedishcarparts.nl, they haven't updated my order or responded to emails in 2 weeks.
I'm assuming the repair part isn't going to ship, and maybe that the store doesn't even operate.

I did email skandix though, and they are willing to ship me their repair part in an envelope for 8 euro instead of 55. So for future reference if anyone has this same problem, email skandix.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My hand brake sticks and squeaks (quickly pulling it while moving seems to un-stick it), and during the winter it will get completely frozen stuck and has a hard time disengaging. Do i need to worry about this happening?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yep, thats exactly what happened to me last month before it all fell apart. I actually bought a kit with the star adjusters and was going to go in and replace just those and adjust the pad contact. I pulled the ebrake up one time to unstick it, then went for a drive, and clunk...
Had I taken it apart, I'd have probably seen the pads were delaminating before they completely failed taking out the aluminum block with it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well i think i'm just going to stop using the e-brake when i park and just put it in gear if this is a thing that can happen. I don't think i have the money or the time to mess with brakes right now lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i think i'm just going to stop using the e-brake when i park and just put it in gear if this is a thing that can happen. I don't think i have the money or the time to mess with brakes right now lol.
Yep, in past threads, people said volvo recommended not to use the parking brake for.... parking. lol

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
You can contact Ben at Rolling Motors. He may be able to sell you that repair kit. I’m pretty certain he has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts