SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will be a stupid question for most of you, but how do I tell if my '08 C70 has Halogen or Xenon headlights?...:confused:

·
Registered
397 Posts
If there’s a slightly blue-ish ‘halo’ around your circular headlight...you’ve got factory Bi-Xenon headlights.

If no blue-ish halo - Halogen...unless PO installed aftermarket Xenon headlight kit (like me).

if aftermarket Xenon headlights installed - no way to tell by looking at the headlight...though brightness of low beam and cut-off should be better with Xenon. You might be able to spot Xenon ballasts outside of the headlight module(s). You’ll have to pop the hood to check - and remove the headlight module and bulb backing plate to check the actual bulb.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If there’s a slightly blue-ish ‘halo’ around your circular headlight...you’ve got factory Bi-Xenon headlights.

If no blue-ish halo - Halogen...unless PO installed aftermarket Xenon headlight kit (like me).

if aftermarket Xenon headlights installed - no way to tell by looking at the headlight...though brightness of low beam and cut-off should be better with Xenon. You might be able to spot Xenon ballasts outside of the headlight module(s). You’ll have to pop the hood to check - and remove the headlight module and bulb backing plate to check the actual bulb.
A bit of a surprise that our original halogens are running fine @ 7.5 years and 76K miles(turned today!).
Were the aftermarket Xenons a big improvement???

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
421 Posts
I know if it says H11 where I marked on the picture, then it is a halogen unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
If you can actually see where you’re going on a dark road you have Xenon ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
A bit of a surprise that our original halogens are running fine @ 7.5 years and 76K miles(turned today!).
Were the aftermarket Xenons a big improvement???
Coachrick! Good to hear from you, man! Mrs. T’s 2005 V50 T5 AWD has factory Bi-Xenons, so compared my 2008 C70’s stock halogens with V50’s factory Bi-Xenons ‘side by side’.

No contest.

Ordered the Kaixen Aftermarket HID’s as a group buy on Swedespeed and never looked back. I’ve replaced the Xenon Bulbs twice now (last time was September). 115K miles with no BOW or WWM issues. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: coachrick
1 - 6 of 6 Posts