SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stumped... Only the driver's side of the sunroof works. I have checked the operation of the rails on each side and they both seem to work smoothly and equally. I checked the motor and it works fine but doesn't seem to want to engage the cables on both sides. It moves one side ok, but it is almost like the other isn't engaged at all. The cables appear to be in good condition, the drive gear almost shows no wear at all. There is a little piece of metal that fits around the drive gear...could that be worn and not allowing one side to engage? Is there anyone out there who has dealt with this before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Half a sunroof (photoflyer)

Hello,<p>did you get anyone to help you out with this? I have an intermitent sunroof that sometimes engages and works great and other time sstruggles to get down low enough to slide back into the roof. One side seems to work great and the other side seems to be skipping over or through something and not moving as it should. <p>How hard was it to dismantle and look at and do I need special tools?<p>kd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts