SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to be replacing my AOC pump this week. Does anyone know what size OD tubing I need to get into the unit to suck the fluid out?
I bought this bad boy
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJT0304/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And it seems to be pretty serious, but the tubing definitely seems like it's too big to fit into the hole of a 13mm bolt.
If anyone can point me to the correct size that would be awesome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Excellent videos at that link. Those are all you need to service your XC...

·
Registered
844 Posts
So I am going to be replacing my AOC pump this week. Does anyone know what size OD tubing I need to get into the unit to suck the fluid out?
I bought this bad boy
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJT0304/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And it seems to be pretty serious, but the tubing definitely seems like it's too big to fit into the hole of a 13mm bolt.
If anyone can point me to the correct size that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Please post pics of how you did this.

I'm about to do the same. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
I added that video to the XC90 sticky. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well.. today it beat me. Rear CV will not separate from the flange. I had the whole shaft out, pb blaster, heat, banging (within reason) could not get it to separate. The joint began pulling apart. Unless anyone has any ideas, it looks like it's going to be someone else's problem.

·
Registered
844 Posts
well.. today it beat me. Rear CV will not separate from the flange. I had the whole shaft out, pb blaster, heat, banging (within reason) could not get it to separate. The joint began pulling apart. Unless anyone has any ideas, it looks like it's going to be someone else's problem.
I've been debating doing this job for weeks ... My dealer has warned me that the shaft can freeze inside the hub bearing. It would take a massive hydraulic press to separate the two.

I take it that is what has happens to you?

Do you have pictures?

What's next?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure. With the pump down, there is no way to "break" it loose using the weight of the car. Maybe a couple of chain wrenches.. there isn't much to show, Joint just isn't separating.
I am probably just going to keep hitting it with penetrating oil and let the dealer deal with it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a feeling we are not talking about the same thing ... I'm talking about the rear axle half shafts, that drive the wheels.

Are you talking about the prop shaft?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Remember if you dont go to replace pump. Just remove it and clean small plastic filter on it.
Other filter big one need to replace of course. Main isuee is that small filter became clodged
of residues in oil from big filter. I cant believe that they didnt place in all this modules and
electronics over amp pump control unit to control if pump took more power or current and
to stop it or give alarm or suspend working. No they simply burn out. In every single battery
pack is small temperature fuse. How is possible that so interligent dummy enginners didnt place
any temperature or similar protection. Grrrrrr...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got all the parts in to switch out the AOC pump and filter. Here's to hoping that my prop shaft isn't rusted on :beer:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good luck. The dealer i broght it to had a custom jig that clamped On the flange and the joint of the driveshaft and used a bolt to pull the two apart with an impact driver. I tried using a chain wrench and straps to hold the flange in place but I could not get it to separate.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.