SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!
I just picked up a 2004 V70R. The owner said it needed a new Haldex to work in AWD, so I picked one up at a salvage yard.
When I tried to move the car in gear it struggled to move like the hand brake was on and the gauges and some function lights didn't work. I unplugged the module and it worked as it did before although still no AWD.
Does the Haldex module need to be programmed by the dealer or am I needing to reset something? Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Tell us the part numbers of new and old units.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
and this is the one that I got from the salvage yard that is in the car now. (Sorry no picture, just the details from the Tag)

5WP22220-02 107861-01
HAP511 01.11.05/3

·
Registered
440 Posts
your pictures don't work

·
Registered
73 Posts
It should work if it is from the same year and model. You can't put an 05+ haldex in an 04. I swapped my 04 s60r haldex and it was plug and play with another 04 s60r

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, Great! Thank you for the reply! I wonder if the 2004 XC70 Haldex will be compatible. My local Salvage yard has a few of those in stock.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I would try one from an 04 S60R before you try one from an xc70. That's just what makes more sense to me because the programming on them should be the same.

There's a bunch of part outs in the classifieds here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for all the replies. I was looking on the Volvo parts web store and it shows the same Haldex module fitting 2004, 2005, 2006 mostly all models as the same part number?
It looks like they are all the same for all models? Does this sound correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts