SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have vibration problems with my 2004 S60R M66 with 130K miles and I am suspecting something in the rear driveline is wrong. It might sound stupid but what seems a little strange to me is that when i jack up my car on one rear side and spin the wheel i can spin it without a problem, also when car is in gear and with the other sides wheel on the ground. When the car is hanging on the lift and i spin one of the rear wheels the other side wheel don't turn at all. Is this normal? How does the Volvo haldex/limited slip differential work? I drove a 02 Passat W8 before and when spinning the rear wheels on this car the other wheel spun the opposite way. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Normal. Haldex is a clutch system that has to engage for one or more of the rear wheels to spin. Google for more info. As far as vibrations, 130K, can be lots of things.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I recently had my 04 VR's rear end up off the ground to install new parking brake hardware. I could easily spin one wheel and the other side would turn in the opposite direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts