SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I have a 2008 xc70 with a haldex 3. I’m a bit confused about how that’s possible but anyway... vida says I should have a 4 (going by the vin #) but it’s 3. The filter is on the side and not up top.

What is the proper fill process? Fill all the way up to the fill hole? Drain 40ml as per vida and haldex 4? Drain 100ml as per vida haldex 2?

What say you?

Cheers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2007 S80 V8 has a Haldex 3. I have filled until it runs out the hole. Performs fine without leaks.
Hey bugeye. Thanks for responding.

Vida has conflicting illustrations for many cars. For example, when looking for parts for your car (and mine) it shows a haldex3. At the same time, when looking at the level check procedure it shows a haldex4.

On some procedures it also states that the illustrations might not be accurate but the essential information is correct. I’m interpreted this as the 40ml is essential info. So I ended up taking out about 30 ml out. 40ml out of .8 litres is 5%. I would consider that statistically insignificant. Also, I understand there is a vent hole on the unit somewhere and I assume if you overfill it would throw some of it out.

The car is driving fine with no abnormal noises or codes. I’ll check the fluid again in a few thousand and will keep an eye for aoc codes.

I’m pretty convinced that with or without the 40ml they perform similarly. the only question would be longevity of this unit.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I changed the Haldex fluid and filter five years ago at 72000 miles. Tight access for the filter. But doable without further disassembly. The fluid was a gray honey color. Looked and felt normal, just discolored. Filter had no visual deposits. No leaks in the last 5 years when filled to the bottom of the fill hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts