SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I went to New Hampshire last week and there was a huge storm at my house while i was gone. It was an extremely bad thunder storm with very high winds and hail bigger than golf balls.

The hail ended up shattering my sunroof all over my car, so there was a ton of leaves and water in it. Does anyone have instructions to remove whats left of it? THere's just the rim around the glass. I need to know how to put it in too.

Also there are now a ton of dents all over my hood roof, trunk, and a few on the sides. Any way to remove these by myself or am i SOL?

TIA,
Seamus

·
Registered
578 Posts
Tough luck man. I have had two cars go through hail storms. Luckily no broken glass, just dents. The sunroof window frame is held in place by 4 torx screws, 2 on each side. Just slide the vanity shade back and they will be behind the accordion looking plastic pieces. Install is the same as removal. As for the dents, your best bet is to leave it to the professionals (dent king/dent dr/ect.).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Two words: auto insurance.

Does yours cover hail damage??

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks ill try to take it out tomorrow. Heres a few pics

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only have liability so they wont cover it :{

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wow, that interior is pretty bad. You should be able to take car of the inside with a good cleaning/detail. As for the dents (from my experience with dent removal), I had quotes ranging from $400-$700 to remove about 40 dings along the sides of my car.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got a new sunroof glass on ebay for $100, so that will be coming soon. Im looking at dent kits but those will have to wait until i replace my transmission, fix the traction control, and the climate control

1 - 9 of 9 Posts