SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 9:30 pm CST the skies unleased a flurry of golf ball sized hail upon my poor unsuspecting S40. She's only 7 months old and she now has twenty or thirty dents and dings all over her. I already called the insurance company and my deductible is only $150, so it's not the end of the world. But it does suck.<p>I'm curious about paintless dent repair. Like most insurance companies, I'm sure mine will try and do the cheapest repair. Is paintless dent repair going to be good enough? I'm worried about micro cracks in the paint because of the dents. I read an msn.auto article that praised dentless paint repair as the best thing since thong bikinis. But, I'm skeptical. Anyone?<p>

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: Hail Damage! <-Best repair options? (nicho1as)

nicho1as - Sorry to here about Your S40's misfortune. On the east side of town We got smaller hail, marble size or smaller about 10 PM but it made enough racket to wake Me out of a sound sleep. Only vehicle sitting out was Son's '93 Lightning and evidently there was no damage per His inspection. I had an '87 F150 get hailed on when it was about 14 months old.... tu-tone metallic blue & silver and I never got the dents fixed for fear of paint mis-match.... the "paintless process" wasn't as evolved as it is now. Most of the dents disappeared or reduced in severity over several year's time depending on the temperature of the sheetmetal.<br> Please keep Us posted on how things are resolved and if your satisfied with the repairs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had the paintless thing done to 2 cars when i was stationed in Oklahoma. I was 100% impressed with the outcome. No problems whatsoever, so I highly recommend it!<p>Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts