SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performed a very aggressive emergency swerve between two lanes at about 45mph to juuuuust get by a guy who ran a red light. He barely scratched my bumper (that'll be annoying to get fixed, sigh). Other guy 100% at fault, car behind me t-boned him to top things off. No injuries all around.

Anyways, the Volvo performed flawlessly, kept full control the whole time, very easy to execute the swerve and then stay in the resulting lane and pull over. May not be a high-end performance car, but these things can handle well when needed.

Now to see if insurance has it buffed/repainted/touched up or just replaces the bumper pre-painted from Volvo. If they replace the bumper I'll have to have my partial PPF replaced as well as a double annoyance.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,468 Posts
Just touched up IMHO, not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I had to take the insureds insurance company to court to get them to buy me a new cover instead of repairing with much less damage than you have. Car has Pearl white which is 3 stage and it never matches when resprayed. They wanted to save $300. Going to court wasn`t worth their time so they settled and paid out

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll wipe the area down a bit once I get home from work and see how deep it really is vs how much is the offender car's paint

·
Registered
358 Posts
Glad you're okay. Kudos on your defensive driving skills!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wiped it all down and got rid of the paint transfer. There are a few spots through the paint for sure, the rest is all in the clear. I'd say about 90% of it would buff out. We'll see what insurance comes back with.

Surprisingly a full OEM painted bumper cover from Volvo is only about $800. Dunno if they'd go that route or not, doubt it but we'll see.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Insurance quoted $620 for bumper removal and refinishing. I'm countering that they should be going for a bumper skin replacement as Volvo OEM shops do not like to paint blend metallic paints. I've messaged my local volvo authorized collision center for a bumper skin replacement quote so I know what to counter for, as it's the shop i'd be taking it to anyways.

so if it's $620 for refinishing, vs only about $1100 i'm guessing for bumper skin replacement, then it's an absolute no-brainer to demand the OEM approved repair. We'll see what insurance says.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This area with repair can also impact BLIS so push for a new bumper.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts