SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had the wiring place in our garage for the T8 this weekend. We had the same electrician do it as did our wiring for the Tesla almost 3 years ago. The T8 is scheduled for delivery in December. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, how much did the electrician charge you for the job, and how much wire did he have to run? I'm sure people are getting quotes all over the place for this, and it would be helpful for them to have a frame of reference.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
^^^ Stop teasing us lol Can't wait for our T8!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
.....and a heated garage!!!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
:D :D

The garage is in the basement, the heating is never on while always 18⁰C (64 ⁰F). Warm in winter and cool in summer ;)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, how much did the electrician charge you for the job, and how much wire did he have to run? I'm sure people are getting quotes all over the place for this, and it would be helpful for them to have a frame of reference.
I had a 60' run of 4-wire 240v with a 14-50 plug receptacle and 40-amp breaker wired for $500. It is a dedicated line for PHEV for lowest off peak rates between 11 pm and 7 am local.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I had a 60' run of 4-wire 240v with a 14-50 plug receptacle and 40-amp breaker wired for $500. It is a dedicated line for PHEV for lowest off peak rates between 11 pm and 7 am local.
Thanks for sharing.....

·
Registered
673 Posts
I had a 60' run of 4-wire 240v with a 14-50 plug receptacle and 40-amp breaker wired for $500.
That sounds reasonable. You always have to be careful, though. There are a lot of shady electricians out there who will rip you off in a heartbeat. A couple years ago I needed to have a new 240v circuit run from the panel on one side of my house to the other side of my house. I had a well respected local electrician come out, and he quoted me $3,480 for the job. That seemed a little ridiculous to me, so I had another guy come over that I had used in the past. He quoted me $470. Yes, that's right, the first guy was more than SEVEN TIMES higher. :eek:

The moral of the story ... If you are hiring an electrician, get multiple quotes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts