SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's are after photos of our 2001 T5 after I replaced springs/struts/wheels/tires. Unbelievably, there is now less rubbing at lock than there was with the stock 17s.

The new struts and springs made a huge difference. The car feels a lot less sloppy now and drives/feels like a "smaller" car. Now to upgrade those brakes...

Modified by Tim G at 9:24 AM 3-14-2006

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: H&R Springs, Bilstein HDs, 18" Ti Pegs, 245/40/18 Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S (Tim G)

For some reason these photos won't load automatically. You have to right click and select "view image". Is it possible Ophoto doesn't work for hosting pics here?

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Re: H&R Springs, Bilstein HDs, 18" Ti Pegs, 245/40/18 Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S (Tim G)

Quote, originally posted by Tim G »
For some reason these photos won't load automatically. You have to right click and select "view image". Is it possible Ophoto doesn't work for hosting pics here?

Yeah thats kind of annoying...but the pics look great! Good job!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Are those wheels Graphite/Titanium or standard silver, I can't tell oy.

Good stance.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

Tim,

How is the ride on the H&R springs with the Bilstein HDs? Specifically on highway seams and on intown roads (cracks, bumps, etc).

I'm looking for a spring change as my current set up is too rough on the highways around here; although it corners like i'm on rails (currently on Evolve springs with Bilstein HDs)

Robert

·
Registered
633 Posts
Re: (GuelphVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GuelphVolvo »
Are those wheels Graphite/Titanium or standard silver, I can't tell oy.

Good stance.
Graphite http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: H&R Springs, Bilstein HDs, 18" Ti Pegs, 245/40/18 Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S (ss60)

The ride is still somewhat compliant, but I don't know if I am the best person to ask since my other car is a 1988 BMW 325 with Bilstein Sports and H&R Springs (drives like a go cart, which I love). To me, the new setup on the volvo feels more like a "touring" rather than a "sport" setup, but I doubt it is much (if any) more compliant than it would be with the Evolve springs. Sorry I'm not more help. I just didn't want the car to drive like a heavy, wet sponge anymore.

Now if I could just make the steering quicker, and the brakes firmer...

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

thanks for the feedback.

my volvo feels more go cart than a mini cooper-S with the evolve springs. Simply insanely firm when cornering.

I figured out the extra jar was comming from using the wimpy original stock sway bars. This made the suspension geometry too loose/flexible for such a stiff spring and strut.

Today I had a set of sway bars from the factory Volvo S60 lowering kit installed. Now it feels just right. Less jar on the bumps and seams, and fantastic cornering feel without the rear end wobble efect at high speeds.

FYI
Volvo actually now makes a full factory kit with sport springs, sport shocks, and beefier sway bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.