SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any users out there of either of these two lowering springs to weigh in. I'm doing new shocks as well, either Bilstein or Koni. Some folks I talk to say H&R, others say go with Eibach. Anybody have any good or bad experiences with either brand? Thank you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi I have been running Eibach springs for the last 3 years on my S60 D5 with std shocks very happy, I have just fitted front and rear Koni struts / rear shocks, now extremely happy they are worth the cost and work to fit them,
Dave

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've had the Eibach's on a V70R for 10 years now. Ride isn't terrible since they are progressive. But on my R boy are they pretty low.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Both appear to be progressive rate and lower about the same. I have Eibachs waiting to go on my V70.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I had H&R's on my previous 01 fwd, and just some "oem style" shocks that the shop sold me (I was in a rush and needed the upper shock mount replaced before a trip so I did it all at once)

I didn't rotate my tires enough so the rear end had a habit of eating the inside of the tire, but that's common on these cars lowered due to the rear toe (not camber). Adjustable parts from IPD, or frequent rotations will help.

I can't recall, drove probably 40-50K miles on that suspension and it felt great and comfy, a hard bump would be a hard bump, but nothing crazy or out of normal for a lowered car.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Added pics for reference

1 - 7 of 7 Posts