SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I have searched the forum all over and did not find an answer for my question, even though I finded a lot of posts about suspensions, so I created this thread.

I have a volvo C30 2.0 year 2012 and I was wondering about lowering the car using the H&R spring set. It says it lowers the car about 1.3 inch.
I would like to know if is it possible keeping the original shocks and struts, replacing only the springs. Is there any problem or concern I should know about replacing only the shocks? Will it affect the car stability, making it bouncy? I saw on the H&R website that they sell the full suspension set (springs, shocks and struts) but the price is above my budget for this upgrade.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Stock shocks/struts are designed for a stock ride height car, so this may feel a little more harsh or you may find that they could bottom out on some serious turns. It will also increase their wear and decreased their life expectancy.

However, so long as your shocks/struts are in good condition now, you can just swap out the spring.

I swapped out Evolve springs (1.5" drop front and 2" drop rear) 80k miles and kept the stock struts/shocks. I returned the car to stock ride height at 155k miles and shocks/struts were still in great condition! Our roads are pretty good, which is probably why I got such great life out of them. But it was no problem for me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Let me tell you this: I have the full set: H and R springs with the Koni Orange.
Honestly, they arent low enough in the back. Front looks very nice but the back needs more of a drop.
Rides very nicely on the springs though, feels quite close to stock.

Tomorrow ill post a pic for you so you can judge. I just plan on some lower springs at least for the rear

·
Registered
172 Posts
Also, are you paying someone to install?
Most everyone will charge you the same for just springs as they would for springs shocks and struts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts