SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just came out yesterday and I finally watched it this morning. Looks really good! it's better than 4 though. they were missing the segway this time. lol. i just love his wheels. they're fifteen52 tarmacs. i think they do custom ordering.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice vid, I was it yesterday. His car can handle a beating after taking those jumps :D

That's what I call driving :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Awwwwwz yeah! Love the sideways air he gets at one point!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
just waked up to this .:D !

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Surreal!!! this must have take 3/5 yrs to put together!
I'v never seen a jump side ways. That was very cool.
Great job from the camera crew too. Some of this shots are phenomenal.
Thanks for the treat!

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
He's a good stunt driver, he sucks in WRC lol.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Practice makes perfect, he has unlimited resources and time he better be the best. There's natural talent out there that only comes around once in a generation. Many of those have past unfortunately. Guys like Sennna make Ken block look like he's playin with hot wheels, oh wait he pretty much is lol.

The OG's had talent, new age has no fear.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Senna was in another far far away league....Senna is Senna

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'v never seen a jump side ways. That was very cool.
Great job from the camera crew too. Some of this shots are phenomenal.
Thanks for the treat!
more like 3 to 5 days.

+million. he sucks so bad at x games. lol. it's cool to see these videos though.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Colin McRae rolled his car few years back in the X games and still took podium lol. He's a stunt car driver, not a race car driver which is what really counts in most peoples opinions. He's definitely over hyped. Does some crazy ass stuff for sure, but so does a lot of people with unlimited resources ;)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
more like 3 to 5 days.
That's the filming part of it but to get everything organized I doubt it ;)
My guess is that there's a full production behind and getting city authorization alone must have been a pain.

Does some crazy ass stuff for sure, but so does a lot of people with unlimited resources ;)
Painfully true!

·
Registered
921 Posts
He's the second American to score points on the WRC stage. Second. Ever. The first happened some 20 years ago or so. As of now, he's the only american driver in the WRC. That's something.

He's placed in most of the X-games events he's driven in, usually third or better.

He's come in 3rd or better at most of the rally america championships that he's driven in.

There's alot of hate on Block for the talent he has, or "lack" of talent that alot of people seem to think he has. He skated, moto-crossed, and boarded, co-founded DC shoes, and now uses that money to do what he loves. Nothin wrong with that.

I've personally met the man, alongside drivers like Pastrana, Mirra, and L'Estage. He's just as nice of a person as any of them. Signed anything anybody brought up to him. Sat outside in the freezing ass weather, after driving 3 stages straight, just to talk to people.

In short (hahah), he's a cool guy, he can drive circles around any of us, and he's doin pretty damn good for himself at racing right now.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Colin McRae rolled his car few years back in the X games and still took podium lol. He's a stunt car driver, not a race car driver which is what really counts in most peoples opinions. He's definitely over hyped. Does some crazy ass stuff for sure, but so does a lot of people with unlimited resources ;)
i think he won that one because Pastrana DQ'd by hitting the bin. lol. he is a good driver though. lol

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
That's true, probably is a cool guy. I don't hate him, not that type of person. Not saying he doesn't do some pretty amazing stuff I just see him as a stuntman more than a race car driver.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Go Pro down at 3:36! :(

With as many of the "playground" things he's done, I honestly feel that the producers just chose the obstacles and objectives and tell him to go through them after just a few days of practice. Many of those stunts he has done before.

But to master each stunt, especially the "washing machine," I'm sure has taken years and years of practice.

However, to block off those streets in Cali, that alone would have taken 5 years to get pulled off.

Guys like Sennna make Ken block look like he's playin with hot wheels
Hotwheels?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
There's alot of hate on Block for the talent he has, or "lack" of talent that alot of people seem to think he has. He skated, moto-crossed, and boarded, co-founded DC shoes, and now uses that money to do what he loves. Nothin wrong with that.

I've personally met the man, alongside drivers like Pastrana, Mirra, and L'Estage. He's just as nice of a person as any of them. Signed anything anybody brought up to him. Sat outside in the freezing ass weather, after driving 3 stages straight, just to talk to people.

In short (hahah), he's a cool guy, he can drive circles around any of us, and he's doin pretty damn good for himself at racing right now.
I think you have a few good points. I mean sh!t, if I could get into WRC, I absolutely would. Would I be able to keep up with the others after years of training? I severely doubt it, but would I still race? You're damn straight I would!

I think it is hubbling to realize that we can drive circles around the average person, Ken Block can drive circles around us, and WRC pro's can drive circles around him. As good as we think we might be a touge, autox, etc, there's always a bigger fish.

I used to hate him until I made these realizations a few months ago. Dude's damn good at what he does, has fun at it, it makes for great marketing and pr for his company. These days, I'm jealous. :D

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Only thing I hate is his semi hipster style lol. Other than that I thought the old Subie vids were awesome based off the sound or that cosworth alone. Rustles my jimmies just thinking bout it :p

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts