SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, Just wondering what your afr's are under wot vs rpm. Im new to the volvo scene but not to high hp and wanted to compare to see if I have a problem. By the way car is a 04" v70r with all the bolt ons(stock turbo & tune)3"DP/Turbo back, catless, ipd ram air, 3" intake from air box to compressor. Car is making 11 psi. Also does anyone know what the stock fuel pressure is supposed to be on these cars? Thanks ahead for all inputs.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Guys, Just wondering what your afr's are under wot vs rpm. Im new to the volvo scene but not to high hp and wanted to compare to see if I have a problem. By the way car is a 04" v70r with all the bolt ons(stock turbo & tune)3"DP/Turbo back, catless, ipd ram air, 3" intake from air box to compressor. Car is making 11 psi. Also does anyone know what the stock fuel pressure is supposed to be on these cars? Thanks ahead for all inputs.
Stock fuel pressure is around 58psi.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
someone correct me if im wrong but if its a stock tune the car should be boosting 14-15psi?
Yeah 14.7 is the norm. However there's a number of people on here experiencing the 10-13 boost levels randomly. I'm one of those people. I suspect my TCV because it starts to drop boost levels after the car heats up really well. Like after an hour or so.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
First of all, stop with the all caps topics. Some people will be turned off by this.

Secondly, 14-15psi is normal. That being said, we are all assuming the OP has a manual. Although it seems likely that you do, can you confirm your transmission for us?

Third, why do you think your A/F is off? Exhaust black? I'll look up what my ratio was tomorrow from my data logs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car is an auto. The car runs, lean under wot through the midrange(13's -12's) then finally dipping into the 11's when it gets near redline. I cant believe that it runs this lean and just wanted to confirm with someone that has a afr gauage in their car.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Car is an auto. The car runs, lean under wot through the midrange(13's -12's) then finally dipping into the 11's when it gets near redline. I cant believe that it runs this lean and just wanted to confirm with someone that has a afr gauage in their car.
I'll look my numbers up tomorrow if nobody gets back to you. Do you see 10psi in every gear? As I'm sure you know, there is serious limiting in 1st and 2nd gear on that year.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Stock fuel pressure on my car reads about 47psi... That's with an OBDII CAN reader with real-time data logging

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Hope this helps.

This is with only Snabb intake. EST CAI and cat back TME exhaust.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Stock fuel pressure on my car reads about 47psi... That's with an OBDII CAN reader with real-time data logging
Yea mine reads around 47-48psi also. I just changed my FPS a month or 2 ago cause it was reading 128psi :D

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
That's rich, not lean. It should be close to lambda(14.7) if everything is perfect.

Lambda being 14.7-1 or 14.7 parts of air to one part fuel. So you're running rich which is natural in a turbo car.

I'll look at my recent troubleshooting logs. I recorded my afr on a WOT run in second.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
11 under WOT is fine, 13's when crusing & light on the thottle is fine as well, you will se 29's when coasting.

If you are seeing 13's under heavy acceloration then that does sound a bit too lean

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hope this helps.

This is with only Snabb intake. EST CAI and cat back TME exhaust.

[/URL][/IMG]
Are you at WOT starting at 2500 rpm's? If so then yes thats what my afr's somewhat look like besides my stay in the 13's for a decent amount of time before diping into the 12's then 11's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
That's rich, not lean. It should be close to lambda(14.7) if everything is perfect.

Lambda being 14.7-1 or 14.7 parts of air to one part fuel. So you're running rich which is natural in a turbo car.

I'll look at my recent troubleshooting logs. I recorded my afr on a WOT run in second.
Dont take this the wrong way but you need to do some homework on how to read afr's especially on a turbo car. mid 11's(max)is where you should be on a turbo car under wot.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Bro Dont take this the wrong way but you need to do some homework on how to read afr's
Isn't lower richer? Air to fuel implies the amount of air compared to fuel. Lower number would suggest less air, which is richer, no?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What TCV are you running, and how recently has it been inspected/replaced? Did you convert to silicone lines? Could be a boost leak if you're still on the factory rubber.

My car is a 04 GT SR and my boost gauge [which reads 3-4 psi low] has me topped out at 9-10 [really 12-14] psi in 3rd gear and up.

Note to self...must get an digital boost gauge soon...and maybe an a/f gauge as well

1 - 20 of 53 Posts