SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T5 xc40 has always made this gurgling noise when braking while using adaptive cruise control. Is that normal? Does anyone else experience this during stop and go traffic? It doesn't happen while braking during normal drives, but when I'm stuck in traffic and it goes from accelerate to immediate braking, it makes this weird gurgling-like noise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My T5 xc40 has always made this gurgling noise when braking while using adaptive cruise control. Is that normal? Does anyone else experience this during stop and go traffic? It doesn't happen while braking during normal drives, but when I'm stuck in traffic and it goes from accelerate to immediate braking, it makes this weird gurgling-like noise.
The only thing I can think of is that there might be air in the Torque converter? That's my best guess however, I'm not a car mechanic.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I never hear any odd noises while using adaptive or pilot assist.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, I hear it with mine. Can actually feel it in the brake pedal too. I don't use cruise control much, and like you said it doesn't happen when driving normally, but I have wondered about it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I use it every day, and never heard anything unusual. Braking is a little harsh in adaptive control, in my opinion, but quiet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Why do you have it on while in normal driving mode anyway? Isn't the adaptive cruise best set for the boring highway runs? Could it be that the software is not written for stop and go traffic?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had this happen to me as well. It happens when I'm only in a lot of stop and go traffic. The actuator that depresses the brake pedal is probably getting hot from constant use. Not sure if it hydraulic but that maybe the noise we are hearing of the liquid moving back and forth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts