SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could have taken a few more pictures, so I apologize. You'll have to use you're imagination and my description on tucking wire behind airbags. However, I believe this guide should be helpful enough for those wanting to install a front and rear camera in their S60s. It's pretty straight forward. Please add any suggestions you might feel are useful.

My Viofo A129 Duo with 3 Wire Hardwire Kit works fine in parking mode. No issues. I had to change from Fuse 22 (12V Tunnel) to #27 (Heated Seats) after I discovered Fuse #22 was somehow tied into the power mirrors, door locking, and alarm. So if you went to turn off your camera, but locked doors, the camera would boot right back up. on #27, I can shut off camera when parking in garage to keep from draining my battery.

Note: All the How to Videos online have you crossing the IC-Airbag on A and C Pillar by tucking in the wiring to trim. ABSOLUTELY do not do this what so ever! You could obstruct airbag from proper deployment. Only B-Pillar is safe to cross because the belt makes the wire sit higher than the airbag when tucking into trim.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00166422466399869567

Click Link and Download Guide2.PDF

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thank you so much. I have been in contact with you for the last month and mounted my Vantrue X3 thanks to your help

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Tucking into B-Pillar groove seems OK based upon Vida Picture. Just FYI

Automotive exterior Auto part Infrastructure Road Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nice work ! Thanks a lot :beer:
A project for next summer.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I will be adding more picture with my car since I am doing the same thing ;-)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Takes some patience and a bit of a learning curve, but it's very doable. This was my first attempt. I read a lot and asked questions. Also got help from a friend. Now I feel pretty confident about being able to install this again or in another vehicle.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be adding more picture with my car since I am doing the same thing ;-)
Feel free to expand upon the guide. Did you get everything setup in your vehicle now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts