1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
301 Posts
good story and nice write up. enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Nice job. I like the RD rear taillight photo that transitions from your previous car to this one.
Did they set that up or do you get "editing" rights :)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job. I like the RD rear taillight photo that transitions from your previous car to this one.
Did they set that up or do you get "editing" rights :)
I took all the pictures myself and actually didn't edit any of the photo's; doesn't look like he ran it through any filters. The first picture of my 2007 S60R was taken in April 2007 when I first got the car and I just took my new S60 to the same location.

The other pictures were taken in Harrison, NJ at Red Bull Arena, since I'm a die-hard Red Bulls fan (since they began as the MetroStars in 1996) I thought it was fitting to take some pictures there; I think the LED tail lamp surround looks like "Bull Horns" haha!

·
Registered
712 Posts
My Volvo story and current 2012 S60 R-Design are the Customer Feature in IPD's Newsletter! :cool:

Thanks Chris D. for publishing my story and I'm looking forward to future parts offerings!

http://www.ipdusa.com/newsletters/1...show-customer-feature-wanted-your-volvo-story

Good story. While I wasn't almost born in a Volvo, my family has owned many over the years. I learned to drive a manual transmission on a 1990 740 Turbo and I found, and negotiated the deals on the 93 940 Turbo and 94 850 Turbo my parents had. All except the 93 940 were wrecked but that one is still running.

Whenever I see pictures of your car I'm like, damn I want that car. Then I go look in my garage :)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Good intro and nice flow. Two very different cars but Sonic blue is my baby! Really a shame they didn't offer the color on the new S60 but then sort of awesome since it's now one of the special colors like Canary yellow.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good intro and nice flow. Two very different cars but Sonic blue is my baby! Really a shame they didn't offer the color on the new S60 but then sort of awesome since it's now one of the special colors like Canary yellow.
Thanks! Yes they are two different cars, as they should be given the difference in technology and chassis, but I'm still happy with my new ride. I miss Sonic, but I actually saw mine this Saturday at the dealer when I went to go check out a T5 for the fiancee.

Here's what Sonic Blue would have looked like:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts