SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has cigarette smoke smell pretty bad. So I'm getting serious about my cleaning job lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's not pretend it's over. Lol. Now to get the smoke smell out of everything. Most difficult.

I'm doing a full detail strip and clean with meguiars all purpose, and I've pulled the carpets for high pressure washing.

After it all goes together, it will be time for the ozone generator.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hit it 8 times already. The force is with this smell. And I'm fixing a bunch of janky ****e the previous owner did. I also found a iMiv buried under there - of course after I bought my GROM. I'll be selling the iMiv on here soon.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You should put just the driver's seat back in and drive it around to see how much faster it is without all that weight.

Ya know, for science.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pulled out 150lbs of ****e. If I were to do that I would also try to reduce my McDonald's branded fat stores too. Get rid of 30 more lbs.

I'm considering some Recaro seats for this thing but I think it would throw codes.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The backs are light. The fronts are beasts. I am considering a set of Recaro manual seats

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn. Slow going right now. The carpet in front was quite ugly.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Damn. Slow going right now. The carpet in front was quite ugly.

Very nice.

With it all apart why aren't you sound proofing it? Might as well

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm chasing performance. The dynamat is heavy-ish

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I'm chasing performance. The dynamat is heavy-ish

Fair enough. I'd take it as a chance to isolate myself from road noise. It's peace of mind too.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it's going back together good. The smell is mostly gone, and I'll be doing a hardcore ozone run or 7 once I have it all back in.

Oh, and my $8 shift knob. I made it out of a snooker ball, and some left over m8x1.25 threaded inserts.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, the timer on my Enerzen Ozone generator got stuck on. It ran for 13 hours last night.

I can say that the Volvo interior is pretty much impervious to Ozone. nothing was damaged. I had some exposed wiring that wasn't damaged any, and the knobs on the stereo/hvac controls were fine.

I put the unit in the sunroof opening and sealed around it so it could take in air from the outside for conversion and blow it into the vehicle.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Since you were flowing through your vehicle the ozone can't accumulate to high levels which can be damaging so everything should be ok, nothing worse than living in a polluted city.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It wasn't a cross breeze style thing, car was sealed and the ozone machine was creating a positive pressure with fan intaking fresh air on the machine and outputting ozone into sealed car.

Concentration was crazy high in there. Still no damage

1 - 17 of 17 Posts