SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1466 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
So maybe the holdup is with liberty mutual and not customs? This Sunday would make 14 days at the port if its still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Its definitely insurance.

Blazn, does your tracking page actually say its not cleared customs? I was talking to someone on Reddit, their concierge is telling them the same thing that its at the port and waiting to clear customs, but, the WW tracking page says it cleared customs over a week ago (and in fact, cleared before it got off the damn boat, which is normal). Someone posted on one of these threads a couple days ago that their concierge told them that the final details of how insurance worked with Liberty Mutual were not yet worked out, and that was holding everything up.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Its definitely insurance.

Blazn, does your tracking page actually say its not cleared customs? I was talking to someone on Reddit, their concierge is telling them the same thing that its at the port and waiting to clear customs, but, the WW tracking page says it cleared customs over a week ago (and in fact, cleared before it got off the damn boat, which is normal). Someone posted on one of these threads a couple days ago that their concierge told them that the final details of how insurance worked with Liberty Mutual were not yet worked out, and that was holding everything up.
I posted the other day what the WW tracking page status was, it hasn’t changed as of an hour ago. Just says delivered 4-15-18. But no where does it say that it cleared customs.

I had some road trips planned for second and last weekend of May, I’m starting to wonder if I’m going to have to rent a car.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I posted the other day what the WW tracking page status was, it hasn’t changed as of an hour ago. Just says delivered 4-15-18. But no where does it say that it cleared customs.

I had some road trips planned for second and last weekend of May, I’m starting to wonder if I’m going to have to rent a car.

OK, yours is actually waiting then. The other guys said "Cleared Customs" "Delivered" "Liner Release" all on the same day. 4/18 in Baltimore. And he's being told its waiting on customs as well =/ Yours delivered to NYC though right, supposedly that takes a lot longer. Mines headed there too... yay?

·
Registered
229 Posts
OK, yours is actually waiting then. The other guys said "Cleared Customs" "Delivered" "Liner Release" all on the same day. 4/18 in Baltimore. And he's being told its waiting on customs as well =/ Yours delivered to NYC though right, supposedly that takes a lot longer. Mines headed there too... yay?
It says NYC but it’s actually Newark NJ. Port of Newark.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Port of New York is in Newark. Hilarious, right?

State of Liberty's in NJ, too. ;)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Port of New York is in Newark. Hilarious, right?

State of Liberty's in NJ, too. ;)
So are New York Giants and New York Jets.

Don't get me started...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been considering CbV but I have to wonder how they can include insurance when insurance rates vary so widely. Teenager in the family? Driving record? Location? It will be interesting to see how they resolve this with Liberty Mutual. I hope they resolve it soon as the program appeals to me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have been considering CbV but I have to wonder how they can include insurance when insurance rates vary so widely. Teenager in the family? Driving record? Location? It will be interesting to see how they resolve this with Liberty Mutual. I hope they resolve it soon as the program appeals to me.
That's exactly the hold up, Volvo and Liberty Mutual haven't come to a final agreement yet. What we've been sort of told thus far, is that everyone covered has to qualify for Liberty Mutual's best insurance rate, or you are not able to get CBV. The CBV FAQ speaks to this a bit, saying multiple driver coverage is possible, and that you're subject to verification/approval.

They do, however, clearly state location doesn't matter.

We're going to have to wait and see until they finally come to an agreement and release insurance applications to know more. It had better come very soon, since a lot of folks have been waiting and already missed their promised delivery dates...

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I think I'd rather have the freedom of choosing my insurance carrier than having it baked in anyway.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
For new young drivers, insurance is expensive in first 2 years. It is good start with CbV to build driving history.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
For new young drivers, insurance is expensive in first 2 years. It is good start with CbV to build driving history.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
Well, the new drivers pay high premiums until they are at least 25 years old...

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
With Care by Volvo, every inexperienced driver approved by Liberty Mutual would have their surcharges paid for by every other Care by Volvo customer.

If Liberty Mutual cancels or non-renews a policy for a CBV driver, what happens?

·
Registered
488 Posts
If Liberty Mutual cancels or non-renews a policy for a CBV driver, what happens?
Again, we don't know yet, since how the insurance works is literally what is holding up the entire CBV program at the moment ;)

I would assume if Liberty Mutual axes you, you're out. You have to turn the car back in. Dealer might be able to offer to lease it to you at that point and you get insurance on your own.

The Liberty Mutual CBV page alludes to this (https://www.libertymutual.com/carebyvolvo)

"-Is my insurance guaranteed for the full 24-month subscription?
Your policy period is one year. Your continued eligibility for coverage under a Liberty Mutual insurance policy will be automatically evaluated before the start of the next policy term. If you meet the eligibility requirements, your policy will renew for another policy term. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements your Care by Volvo subscription may be affected. Please contact Volvo for more information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the latest I received from the concierge. She sent an email previously letting me know my car was in the port but can't be delivered due to the paperwork.

04/30/2018 01:43 PM
Hi dpsea,

Unfortunately we have not been provided with an estimate on when the paperwork will be finalized for the Care by Volvo application process to begin. I do apologize for this inconvenience. As soon as I receive an update on the paperwork, I will be contacting you.

·
Registered
488 Posts
This is the latest I received from the concierge. She sent an email previously letting me know my car was in the port but can't be delivered due to the paperwork.

04/30/2018 01:43 PM
Hi dpsea,

Unfortunately we have not been provided with an estimate on when the paperwork will be finalized for the Care by Volvo application process to begin. I do apologize for this inconvenience. As soon as I receive an update on the paperwork, I will be contacting you.
Thanks for the update. Not super encouraging =/
Doesn't look like they are going to hit the April delivery promised to a lot of folks. (I'm not technically late myself, I was told April/May when signing up)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the update. Not super encouraging =/
Doesn't look like they are going to hit the April delivery promised to a lot of folks. (I'm not technically late myself, I was told April/May when signing up)
Yeah, it seems that all April/May deliveries will come at the same time then if they ever figure out the paperwork. The vessel with my Volvo XC40 R-Design arrives tomorrow in Tacoma (Washington) and the delivery is scheduled for the second week of May. No word on paperwork problems from my concierge yet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
So I should stop the continuous checking my email, checking swedespeed, obsessing if someone, anyone has taken a CBV delivery?
My son's car broke down over the weekend, he is driving my 13 year old car and now I'm literally riding a moped to work this week.

·
Registered
488 Posts
So I should stop the continuous checking my email, checking swedespeed, obsessing if someone, anyone has taken a CBV delivery?
My son's car broke down over the weekend, he is driving my 13 year old car and now I'm literally riding a moped to work this week.
I'd say yes, but given I'm responding to this 1 minute after you hit submit, I can't even bring myself to stop ;)

41 - 60 of 1466 Posts