SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1466 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Mine is at the port in Newark NJ as of yesterday. Maybe it will clear customs within the week?
Don't count on it. They took the flag off the hood and no one knows where these cars are coming from now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I reached out to my concierge today for an update like I do every Monday/Tuesday. It was late In the day so I probably won’t hear back until tomorrow. However, someone on the Facebook forum reached out to them today and they still said they “hope to have the paperwork by Monday” so April 30th.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I reached out to my concierge today for an update like I do every Monday/Tuesday. It was late In the day so I probably won’t hear back until tomorrow. However, someone on the Facebook forum reached out to them today and they still said they “hope to have the paperwork by Monday” so April 30th.
Over a week waiting for customs grrrr........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey y'all, I ordered my XC40 T5 Momentum (Ice White, Red interior) on Friday, April 13th. I just got an email from my concierge Sherri today stating that delivery is estimated for mid-June. This seems early to me after reading various posts that estimated around 3 months. I was honestly expecting delivery to be the end of July or early August.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my T5 Momentum black with red interior on 4/4. Concierge told me 5/1 for any changes, 1st week of June to start production and delivery estimated for the 3rd week of July. I am in Seattle.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So my original guess was we would receive our CBV paperwork today. Not feeling it. I'm jumping on what Stevenzoz found: "Monday".

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep I agree seems like this isn't the week. I was hoping for Monday, instead I had to extend my lease and will have to get my car inspected. Hope I get it before the Memorial Day weekend

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yep I agree seems like this isn't the week. I was hoping for Monday, instead I had to extend my lease and will have to get my car inspected. Hope I get it before the Memorial Day weekend
I've seen other posts where cars clear customs in Baltimore the same day they arrive almost.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've seen other posts where cars clear customs in Baltimore the same day they arrive almost.
Out of curiosity, how do you know the car hasn't cleared customs? Obviously you tracked the ship, or know the cargo ship docked in Baltimore, but was just curious to know how you knew the car will still sitting at the docks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Out of curiosity, how do you know the car hasn't cleared customs? Obviously you tracked the ship, or know the cargo ship docked in Baltimore, but was just curious to know how you knew the car will still sitting at the docks.
The Baltimore thing I got from reading other posts on the OSD Delivery threads. It seems like the tracking site for the ship should tell you when it clears customs and is loaded onto a truck. From the truck to the dealer seems to be the part no one can track. The ship unloaded my car on 4/15 at Newark NJ, which is called NY for some reason. My dealer is less than 45 minutes away from that port.

This is by far the worst part of this process, knowing the car is right near you and no updates.

DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 15-04-2018 14:30:00 1
DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 15-04-2018 14:25:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL ZEEBRUGGE 01-04-2018 14:52:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL ZEEBRUGGE 26-03-2018 10:16:00 1
BOOKED ZEEBRUGGE 26-03-2018 10:14:00 1

I guess customs has to make sure no Swedes are hiding in those cars trying to come here illegally.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I turned in my lease yesterday so now I’m impatient with a rental. Started requesting regular lease quotes today on fully loaded R Designs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Another poster ordered one in PA around March I think and he already has his car.

Quote Originally Posted by RDNn2jc View Post
I took delivery of my new toy this weekend (pictures below & more to come this weekend if requested)! We put a deposit down on this vehicle in early March, it arrived in Port (MD) on April 12th, and we took delivery on the 20th. Wynn Volvo just outside Philadelphia did an awesome job with the delivery, and we couldn’t be happier. Here is a rundown of what we got:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just spoke to my concierge; production moved up 2 weeks to mid May and delivery to mid July. He also stated that Volvo had not sorted out the insurance issues with Liberty Mutual as of yet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another poster ordered one in PA around March I think and he already has his car.

Quote Originally Posted by RDNn2jc View Post
I took delivery of my new toy this weekend (pictures below & more to come this weekend if requested)! We put a deposit down on this vehicle in early March, it arrived in Port (MD) on April 12th, and we took delivery on the 20th. Wynn Volvo just outside Philadelphia did an awesome job with the delivery, and we couldn’t be happier. Here is a rundown of what we got:
But he's not CbV is he/she? And thanks for the answer to my customs questions.

Like you, I fully expect the holdup is definitely to keep the Swedes out. :p

Posted in a separate thread, but my dealer sent an email today saying they expect the car in port April 28th (in line with what I've seen on the tracking sites) and they are scheduled to have it delivered to them May 8th. One can only hope.

·
Registered
229 Posts
But he's not CbV is he/she? And thanks for the answer to my customs questions.

Like you, I fully expect the holdup is definitely to keep the Swedes out. :p

Posted in a separate thread, but my dealer sent an email today saying they expect the car in port April 28th (in line with what I've seen on the tracking sites) and they are scheduled to have it delivered to them May 8th. One can only hope.
If it’s going to a port other than NJ aka NY then it should clear quickly from what I’ve seen on other threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just spoke to my concierge; production moved up 2 weeks to mid May and delivery to mid July. He also stated that Volvo had not sorted out the insurance issues with Liberty Mutual as of yet.
Nice to see at least one concierge will admit that! Mine still refuses to answer any question other than keep parroting "Your delivery is scheduled for late April", even when I pointed out my car is on the ship on the 28th =P

I do hope they get it figured out quick, there are some folks here who are supposed to be getting the cars either weeks ago, this weekend, or have been waiting on their cars in port for weeks...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
April is almost over, MAY a XC40 come to my driveway. :partywave:

21 - 40 of 1466 Posts