SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey community! So I decided to create my own progression thread, to share the mistakes I made, tips I learned and use this threat to begin my write-up about fixing broken AWD issue. Sadly I have work tonight so I must lay down but over the next few days I will get the process going. Some things I will show include DP bolt removal, AWD fix, locations of important fill locations(Haldex and rear Diff), axle/seal removal and finally radiator assembly. Gnight for now but stay tuned(lol).

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Right, sorry about that. I have been super busy the last few days, working nights kills you. Here they are:

I am very interested to see if I can get spacers to widen the base of her rear Peg's. And before any of you say it... I will be ordering Elevate lowering springs end of this month!

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
I love Pegs... Looking sharp! Black is one of the only colors that can pull off the stock black plastic trim and still look good.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Yeah, an other black beauty :thumbup: . . . keep up the maintenance ;)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I love Pegs... Looking sharp! Black is one of the only colors that can pull off the stock black plastic trim and still look good.
Agreed! I plan on keeping it a sleeper so as not to attract unwanted attention. What do you guys recommend I use to darken the trim to bring it back to it's darker coloring? My family has always been a Volvo owning family so the Peg's were my little brothers from his old 850 he had years back, cost = ZERO!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Pics of last months mods. Added to this but not pictured was my AWD fix(Haldex pump/fluid/filter change), ear diff fluid change, KN Typhoon, new OEM rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, CBV, iPd TCV, front EST strut tower bar, Elevate rear sway bar 25mm and RICA stage 1 Tune. A month or so after this I did my full LED conversion.

EST 3"DP w/ LavaWrap-

ipd TCV-

New Behr Rad(new fan too)-

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
Those Pegs will have a center bore for P80 and P2 cars which is 65.1mm. Our P1 cars have wheels with a 63.4mm center bore, so hubcentric rings should do the trick :D

Mothers Back to Black is by far the best trim restoration product I've used. You may have to apply it multiple times before it really seeps in and darkens your trim. Since mothers, whenever I clean my car, I'll use ArmorAll Tire Shine on the trim. It works great for cleaning off the dirt and getting that semi-gloss back.

It's funny, I use ArmorAll trim for my tires so they're not shiny and greasy, but I use ArmorAll tire shine for my trim so it is shiny.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aside from the obvious differences between the cars, they're both smaller sedans. How do you decide which one to drive?
Just messing around, it's my neighbors ride, we do all our auto work at my place. That cars is a beast, he has it tuned on stock stuff, upgraded suspension and some other jazz. I wish I kept my 850 as a DD but it had over 350k miles on it so she was on her way out.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
good luck with diagnosing the misfire issues and please do not only buy springs. buy shocks to go with them.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good luck with diagnosing the misfire issues and please do not only buy springs. buy shocks to go with them.
Thanks JN, what about spring makes them a bad idea? Just having a stock suspension setup?

·
Registered
989 Posts
One reasons that I can think of... is that if your going to take apart the front strut assembly to do the spring, you might as well do the strut, strut mount, and strut spacer mount (AWD chassis--front struts only)... From my experience, the strut spacer mount on the front doesn't like when you change springs without changing it too--I had creaks like a biotch til I switched them out to new units. They are $22 a pair from Tasca--worthwhile investment so you don't put it all back together only to have your car sound like ****e when turning the wheel in parking lots or in reverse--long story, just trust me lol

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
I haven't had any issues with the stock set up and lowering springs, the strut bearing was my own fault when I was installing the springs.
The only creaky noise I get is from the back if/when a full size adult gets in or out of the back seat.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For now I need to solve my problems at hand, seems the new coils worked. Give it a few days drive it easy and see if anything happens. Have my insert arriving tomorrow and in a couple weeks my fmic.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts