SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another new and original part for the R community from PdV Motorsports!

http://www.pdvmotorsports.com/pages/group-buys

OEM suspensions are full of rubber bushings. They're cheap and compliant which makes for a nice smooth ride to the grocery store. What they aren't good for is driving to the limit on track or your favorite canyon road. As a first step toward a less compliant more controllable and precise suspension we are unveiling our rear shock mounts with spherical bearings.

The S60R rear suspension is designed in such a way that the spring loads and damper loads are resisted by different parts of the chassis so the main benefit of the spherical shock mount is that it will improve your shocks ability to dampen suspension movements and reduce friction in your suspension.

When traveling over a bump or rotating the car through a corner with the rubber mount, the rubber compresses first and then your damper will start to compress once the rubber mount can't compress anymore. By not allowing your damper to precisely follow the tire over bumps or to follow the chassis while rolling through a turn you're effectively eliminating the damper from the suspension for a portion of the suspensions travel. This can lead to reduced lateral grip and contribute to the dreaded side hop issue.

Additionally, the rubber mount resists the shocks need to pivot through the entire suspension travel because the rubber always wants to return to its original shape. This resistance adds side load to the damper shaft which increases friction and wears out the internal seals faster. With a spherical bearing this resistance is eliminated and the shock is able to pivot freely so even if you're running expensive 4C shocks, they will last longer due to reduced side load and friction.

A $60 deposit is required and the balance is due on 11/6/2015. You will receive an email with a special link to pay the remaining balance due based on the final Tier pricing at the conclusion of the group buy. The more people you get involved the cheaper it will be for everyone. Expect shipments to begin around the 2nd week of December.

The spherical bearings are the FK Bearing brand WSSX line which are made in the USA. We've chosen higher grade Teflon lined bearings made from hardened stainless steel to provide the longest life possible.

Refunds (minus 3% bank fees) will be granted on deposits up to Tier 3. After 8 participants join, the deposit is non-refundable.

Current # of Participants: 24

Place your deposit HERE.

Discount Level# of ParticipantsTotal Price INCLUDING SHIPPING
Tier 11 participant$471.69
Tier 25 participants$393.98
Tier 38 participants$299.67
Tier 410 participants$291.92
Tier 515 participants$271.55
Tier 620 participants$258.99

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I'm in if we can get to tier 3 @ 299!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
You only lose $1.80 if you put the deposit down and don't hit that target.
Ryan will these have the same effect and work with KW coil overs?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely. Having KW coilovers only makes it more important to have a mount like this just like the spherical bearings in the front camber plates you may or may not have.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Ok I am in do you or plan to make the plates in the future?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd love to keep making all of my products for as long as people want them but I don't mark up my prices enough to build the bank account so I can order large quantities, hence the continuous use of the group buy deals.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'm planning to purchase your shocks when they become available, so should I purchase these now, or wait to buy them ad a set?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This group buy will probably be your best chance to get them at the lowest price. I'll certainly provide you with the new bushings to work with my damper set free of charge when they're available.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This non-functioning edit post button is maddening.... We have 4 participants right now.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The flat at the end of the shaft contacts the bearing face at exactly the same position as the non-deformed OEM washer that is molded into the rubber piece. Of course the OEM washer will move/compress when the weight of the car is on it whereas the spherical bearing won't, so technically my ride height should be very slightly higher than OEM. I may change the position of the spherical slightly to account for this for the production run but it should be so little it won't matter in reality and everyone's rubber will compress slightly differently based on the age and abuse of the part so it will never be perfect. That inconsistency is exactly why you would want to get rid of the rubber pieces.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
6 participants in the first day. 2 more to a big price drop!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
watching...tempting

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup 1 more to another drop and 6 more to the next bigger drop and plenty of time.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts