SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bother you guys......
I got the GROM-MST3 unit installed and am finding it impossible to get the AC climate control unit to snap back in under the radio unit.
Getting it initially removed I followed instructions to pull it out and down. It took more force than I thought but it finally came out. But now it is NOT going back in easily!! I am being careful to make sure the cigarette lighter module seats appropriately.... And it just doesn't seem to want to snap back flush under the stereo unit. I am hesitant to push too hard.
Has anyone struggled getting this unit back together ? Help!
KD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I got help from a stereo install guy. He had to remove the upper radio panel, snap the pieces back together, and reinstall. It wasn't hard to do, but be forewarned that if you do this install you *might* have trouble. The problem are the plastic clips btwn the radio and climate control unit. They don't flex easily...a couple actually broke off during the process. He also said there is no need to separate the climate unit from radio to get to the cd changer....and in hindsight he is correct and that would have saved this problem from occurring .
KD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts