SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, new to the group and am very happy with my recent purchase of an 07 S80 V8. I've started to do research on adding the bluetooth capabilities to my car and am looking for some/a lot of help from all of you. Advice? Is THIS the GROM accessory that I need to buy for my sound system? DynAudio with 6 cd changer. Thanks Ralph

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club! You have a great car, 'course I am biased. :)

I don't know anything about the Grom, but they don't list the s80 as compatible on the Amazon listing. Looks like it replaces the CD player also, so maybe you are looking to do that, maybe not.

You might want to check out this thread:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?233823-2007-S80-iPhone-audio-question

The Kinivo works well if you are looking to play music from your phone over Bluetooth. If you want to connect anything with a USB it won't work (maybe that is why you want the grom?).

If you decide to try the Kinivo you might need a ground loop isolator if you get static. I did and it helped a lot, but anything using the AUX plug has a low level static still.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I found another thread here and decided to try the Kinivo BTC455 with ground isolator, we'll see! R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts