SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard it 3 times now and it is very random. Just happened again when I got home and shut the car off. I'd say it is about 1-2 seconds long of what sounds like a blender going off from the drivers rear. There's is no pattern to it happening and like I said has only happened 3 times. Any thoughts?

2015.5 S60 T6 4,000 miles.

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
Pretty sure I hear that on my car from time to time. I think it's normal.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
mine doesn't make a metal-on-metal sound but it does make a high-pitch whine sound for a few minutes after shutdown. we park in garage so its very noticeable after the door is closed.

It would be nice if this aspect were communicated to us when we bought the car assuming its normal/expected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Appears I am not the only one, will have to read that other thread. I park in a car port not a garage so there is some coverage that causes echoes, and I have heard some noises from the front I am scratching off as normal. I'll bring it up on first service for it with some other non sense, being a service advisor myself I hate bring up petty warranty things but yea well car wasn't cheap lol. (Drivers window makes a noise up and down, drivers folding mirror clicks when closing).

Edit: Read the other thread, good info :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You are not hearing the evaporation emissions pump after shut down, are you? First time I heard it years back on my '08 I was curious--guess most/all Volvos do that...

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Could be, I am going to ask my other Volvo friend when I see him tonight.
Ours makes one of two noises. Either a high pitched whine, or a low blender sound like you describe. The evap pump is a distinctive knocking from the passenger rear, the blender sound we have is from the driver rear. The high pitched whine is from under the hood. The blender sound and the whine never happen at the same time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The noise in passenger rear is common and I've heard it on all my volvo's since 2002 all with different engines.

The one I hear often in the garage is the pump underneath the driver side. I had Volvo take a look and they tested it against other T6's. I was told it was totally normal and its some pump to all wheel drive system. I only hear it when parked or neutral in the garage.

I also hate bugging service folks about that stuff, but they actually agreed with me that the sound was odd, but the garage really brings echoes of all types of sounds out. After listening to the other T6's in the garage they all sounded the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts