SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Hello everyone. I just bought a sweet 2008 s60 2.5 T. The car is beyong awsome but the front grill is damaged and it really bothers me. I have purchased all of the materials to gut the original and make a steel mesh insert. However, I cannot figure out how to remove the original grille. All of the info I have been able to find is for the 2000-2005 models (dont know if that makes a difference), and none of it seems to be what I need. I took the retaining pins out and attempted to pull the bumper back to acess the grill, but I felt like I was already putting too much pressure on it and still had no clear shot at the clips. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first Volvo and I dont know a damn thing about how they work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum. The best thing to do would be to buy a Haynes manual for your car. It will be very helpful for stuff like this. Mine is a 2001 so it may be a little different than yours. I'm sure someone will chime in who has an 05.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both of you. Ya I thought that removing the bumper may be the way to go. Any ideas of where some tips/instructions are. I think I have the basic idea, and it seems fairly straight forward. Thanks again!

·
Registered
198 Posts
i did this once for my '08 T5, you just have to pull back pretty hard on the top of the bumper, it took me like 30 minutes testing how hard to pull the bumper, be careful because you really don't want to snap the bumper. You should be able to get it out without taking off the entire front bumper, it will take a little bit to figure out where all of the clips are on the grill to undo and take out.... doing this was a batch though

·
Registered
416 Posts
Here's a quick picture from when I replaced my OEM grille with an Ebay 05+ S40 mesh grille, most of the clips didn't match up but I fastened it by using two self tapping screws into the sides of the grille and hasn't been a problem yet. *Note: in the picture the 2 screws are SS and have since been painted black, to where you can not see them anymore.

Yes, the fitment could be a little bit better but overall I'm satisfied with how it looks now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I made my own and I think it looks way better than any of the aftermarket/ebay grilles because its not sunken in. I took a dremel to the stock grille, taking the egg crate out and leaving the surrounding. Then, got some mesh, measured, bent, cut and glued in it. Put black silcone around the inner edges so you cant see the edges. Done in a few hours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts