SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to purchase the Evolve front grille for the R how do you install that and manage to keep the Volvo emblem thing on the front as well... I don't mind if the R goes missing in the front, but i like the line and emblem a lot (don't know if there's a particular name for it)... I've seen some pictures on Evolve and other places with the custom grill and the symbol in place so I assume it's not impossible

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Grill Modification Question (titaniumR)

I know that you will have to CUT out the old grille and the new one does not just "snap" in. There is some bending that needs to be done in order to make it look clean. The emblem can "snap" back on. The cutting and bending is what has kept me from purchasing this product. My body shop has done one and they told me that it would not meet MY expectations for the finished product. The edges were not completely clean in their opinion. They know how picky I am and they do not want to dissapoint me after CUTTING the old one out. Then there is no turning back! Just my 2c's. Rick

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm... thats interesting, it seems that on the page the stock grill kit doesn't seem that difficult to put in but pictures can be misleading, i know i want to but the lower valence grill for sure because mine is all beat up, and from some pictures in here i can see thats a common problem

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (titaniumR)

You have to cut out all of the vertical plastic bars in the grille. Leaving just the plastic surround. It does invole taking the whole bumper cover off! I love the look but the work it would take to do this just is not worth 350.00-400.00 for parts and then 150.00-250.00 for labor to do the job well. And then to have the grilles not fit perfect (as some have stated after doing this.)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Re: Grill Modification Question (titaniumR)

There is an old thread which details the steps (with pictures) to do the Evolve grille. It is not pretty. It takes a lot of patience and time. I have seen it on an S60R and it just isn't the same as buying a grille that you just bolt on...I don't really think it is worth the money and hassle.

Good Luck though...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: (Mash)

Sorry, now I remember the thread about cutting ... as MASH stated, it's not the bumper but the stock grill. I would have to do it myself and spend a considerable amount of time being careful. I don't really think this is something you could "pay" someone to do and expect a proper job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts