SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of my week long snowboarding trip to Tremblant, Canada and I figured I might as well post some photos for my Volvo family.
Drove the car from NYC this past weekend, took us about 9 hours since the conditions were not best. I took the roof-rack off and put the boards in the trunk to to get better MPG, which ended up being 25MPG average.
The riding is good during the day, and in the evening I enjoy drifting the car whenever I can! I just cant get enough of it! The fact that the car is lowered and has a full body kit has never been a problem. For those who are considering doing so - do it.

By the way, Conti ExtremeContact DWS are one of the most amazing all-season performance tires! I get tremendous amounts of grip!

Oh and one more thing, I realized that traction control does not work well with Elevate tune (which I dont mind) - it really doesnt do much. I mean I still turn it off whenever I drive but I got stuck in a nasty snow storm the other day and kept it on to feel safer, but I was still able to spin the tires and slide the car around - not much of a help there. It worked completely diffrent with OEM tune.

Enjoy a few photos.

Starting the day with freezing temps. It was actually -13 when I first got in the car.

View from the Condo

Amazing tires

Drifting aftermath

Love these roads!

These tires have too much grip!

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Ooooo Dirty R pics, oh sooo nice!!

In the drifting video I missed hearing your girl friends comments, you "dork"

·
Registered
844 Posts
I want to move to Canada!

·
Registered
710 Posts
How did you get your traction control completely off? I can only make mine say function reduced.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Great pictures tomedkaz and Blurry!

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice dirty ass. Your car needs the new jeweled lights and is it me or the V O L V O letters is raking upward towards the right / slanted?
yes, you are right. I noticed it after I put them on; it was too cold to re-adjust. I'm waiting for the spring. But good eye my friend, good eye

·
Registered
150 Posts
I actually just got back from Tremblant. Wasn't crazy bout the snow conditions though...although I only got out Wednesday morning. I was with the NSIA convention(the tents near the gondola and stuff in the convention center).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.