SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i found your community a while ago and decided to register today.
So i just wanted to introduce myself and my Volvo.

I am 31 and living in Stockholm, Sweden. Started working at this company last year and was given an opportunity to take over a company car from a leaving colleague. This is my first Volvo what so ever. I would probably not order one if given a choice, not really sure why. There has been a lot of BMW's, VW's and a couple of SAAB's previous to this, but I have to say i am surprised by how much i like driving this car. The contract for this car is running out this fall (3yr contracts here for company cars) and will be returned and sold on auction by the lease firm. I'm however very keen on ordering a Volvo for my next.

Hoping Volvo will start selling S90 before summer, looks very interesting.

Anyway, here's the car.

2014 V60 D5 Manual
R-Design
Rebel Blue

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Thats a great company car, mine is a Chevy Traverse, so Im slightly jealous. :) If that car were in the US, it would be a unicorn. A manual, diesel, wagon, my dream come true.

Any chance they let you buy it? We are offered ours at around $4k less than book value.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Welcome to Swedespeed and thanks for posting pics. Nice company car you took over!

And it's rebel blue! That color is now restricted to the Polestar editions, so congrats on experiencing one of the prior cars in that color. :)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Very nice.........thanks for sharing!!! Welcome to the forum.......My wife and I and another couple will be visitors to your great city in May!!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Unicorn over here for sure! Know many an enthusiast who'd be salivating over this one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a great company car, mine is a Chevy Traverse, so Im slightly jealous. :) If that car were in the US, it would be a unicorn. A manual, diesel, wagon, my dream come true.

Any chance they let you buy it? We are offered ours at around $4k less than book value.
Yep, cars are offered to drivers before the auction for just below the lowest market value price, but since the warranty expires at the same time i'd want a new one instead.
It all comes down to the responsibility of buying it for myself, this includes the costs of insurance/road tax/service/tech approval. Also, dealership included subscription on Volvo on call (which i like too much) will end as well. :)
Basically i enjoy the no hassle alternative with a company car over owning one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Welcome to Swedespeed and thanks for posting pics. Nice company car you took over!

And it's rebel blue! That color is now restricted to the Polestar editions, so congrats on experiencing one of the prior cars in that color. :)
Cool, didn't know about the polestar restriction from now on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unicorn over here for sure! Know many an enthusiast who'd be salivating over this one.
Nice to hear, i'd actually choose an automatic gearbox over manual, mainly because oft he rush our traffic to and from work, it's slow and kills my left foot after a while. :)

As i understand from reading the forums, diesel Volvos are not that popular in US. Do Volvo dealers normally offer diesel options for S60/V60?
What are the other reasons for fewer diesel cars? Additional added retail costs/taxes/fuel price?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice.........thanks for sharing!!! Welcome to the forum.......My wife and I and another couple will be visitors to your great city in May!!!
Great! Will this be your first visit to Stockholm? Have you guys planned anything in particular or will just be sightseeing?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
serrano, welcome aboard. Agree with all--an R-design diesel is a unique car, car sure. What month did you take your pics?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice to hear, i'd actually choose an automatic gearbox over manual, mainly because oft he rush our traffic to and from work, it's slow and kills my left foot after a while. :)

As i understand from reading the forums, diesel Volvos are not that popular in US. Do Volvo dealers normally offer diesel options for S60/V60?
What are the other reasons for fewer diesel cars? Additional added retail costs/taxes/fuel price?
There are no diesel Volvos in the US. We get the T5 and T6 versions with automatic transmissions and that's it. I wish I could get one equipped like yours here in the states, it really looks sharp!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why oh why we don't get a manual option!!!!!!???!?!! in the US! WHY!!!!!?!?!?! OHHH.... WHY!?????!
Nice car! :)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Hi serrano, welcome! Excellent choice that V60 rebel with the D5! Many here are very jealous of the manual shift you have. Is that AWD, and you de-badged, or FWD?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Wow, perfect car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Manual option is on the way to disapare even in Sweden as most new cars come with automatic for one or more resons, hybrids are mostly or always automatic. Pepole that take there drivinglicence now is more and more taking it for automatic only because it is easier and they get this exeption in there licence just as you get exeptions for heavy trailers, trucks, busses, glasses motorcykles and after that aint allowed to drive manual cars without a new test in a manual car. The last 2016 XC70 only come as automatic with D4 or D5 engine and AWD here in Sweden and no petrolengines are left. New XC90 is automatic only with any enginge, new S90 is only manual with lowest package of goodies and lowest rated D4 engine, anything higher even T5 and T6 become automatic gearbox, at least in Sweden and i dont see why it slhud cahang anywhere else in the world exept for engines in US where diesel aint gonna fly.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Manual transmissions don't have all the advantages these days they used to have. With sequential automatics you always have the advantage of driving them like a manual if you want. Also with Volvo's new 8-speed auto, the 0-100km/hr (0-62mph) times are actually faster than with the 6-speed manual (for those cars with the choice). In Europe manuals are still popular because of the relatively better fuel economy and therefore reduced tax.

Tony

1 - 20 of 20 Posts