SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hey all,

I've just signed up, as I picked up my first Volvo last weekend.

Its a 2007 (October) V50 T5 AWD in pretty reasonable condition, not perfect and needs a little TLC.

I don't know much about Volvos but I hope to learn a whole lot from you helpful blokes on this forum.

This car is 07 but has the 169kw motor (according to the manual that came with it), 320mm front rotors (5 speed automatic transmission) and has the AUX under the armrest lid.
I thought some or all of those features only appeared in 08?

It needs new brake rotors so I'll get some DBA T2, but not sure what pads yet. The engine oil cap was a little sludgey but not too bad, I will do short OCI for awhile.

Cheers,

Jonny

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Jonny,
Congrats on the wagon! Looks very nice.

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome aboard, that is a great looking wagon!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome. I thought there weren't any kangaroos in Austria?! ;) Is that electric silver? Not as common as the silver metallic (at least in these parts). Looks good! And like you are mentioning, it looks like an '08, with the face lift exterior and the mentioned aux-in. You sure it's an '07?

·
Registered
538 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Agree it looks more like an 08 w/ that exterior.

And I'd pick up new tires asap, judging from your pic, the fronts look pretty bald. These cars have a negative camber so the inside edge wears faster. Kind of deceiving if you're visually evaluating treadwear from the outer part of the tire. I learned this the hard way...blowout @ 80 mph:

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
That's definitely an '08+ rear bumper, too. Look at where the lower trim meets the bumper - early models don't have the small lip/flare right above the line.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep definitely late '07! Perhaps Australia got the facelift models before the US?
I'll check what the colour is called, it has a slight blue hue to it,

I picked up some rotors:
https://www.sparesbox.com.au/dba-brake-rotor-slotted-t2-pair-dba2120s-9991-dba2120s

And had new tyres fitted:
http://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/high-performance/n-fera-su1
They weren't as bad as the photo makes out

I'll be putting rotors on with full brake fluid flush next week, as well as changing the diffs and haldex oils

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
No one's going to comment on Austria in the title and then the picture of a Kangaroo on the street sign? 8800 mile difference as the crow flies! Funny!

·
Registered
297 Posts
No one's going to comment on Austria in the title and then the picture of a Kangaroo on the street sign? 8800 mile difference as the crow flies! Funny!
well we all just assume its an honest mistake.. or maybe he lives in a part of austria we all don't know? I mean i know Tirol and thats it. Maybe Austria has some sort of secret landscape going on or something.

on a more serious note:
replac that tires on the front .. they look finished!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well done guys, yes it's Australia not Austria...just testing.
Howdy from NZ!!!
I just got my '05 V50 T5AWD last week. Very happy apart from having to replace the front rotors and pads and now a left front wheel bearing!:mad:
But, once all that is done it will be good!

You guys in Oz are like us in NZ with vehicle reg - in that you reg a vehicle in the calendar year when often the vehicle is the next year's model.
From what the others ahve said and my observations of your car it is an '08 model just regd in 07. If you are unlucky you can get an old stock from the previous year!!! - an '06 regd '07 but yours ain't that!!

Mine is an '05 regd '05 :)
VIN number will confirm if you pop in to your local dealer and ask. I got a build sheet for mine from my dealer. 5 pages if guff!!:p

Anyway happy daze :D
Oliver

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Waffle.

the other day I got a heap done with a friend at his workshop.

Angle gear & rear diff fluid (haldex oil and filter hadn't arrived yet)
Brake rotors and fluid flush
Spark plugs OEM
K&N filter

Question: do all the T5 AWD come with these Bilsteins up front? The rears are FoMoCo shocks I think. If not, I'd like to get some Bilstein in the rear, I know they aren't B6 or B8 but they'll be fine for this car.

Nexen N'fera SU1 in 215/45R17 - we'll see how they go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts