SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Volvo this week, a 2019 S60 Inscription. These are by far the most comfortable car seats Ive ever sat in. Recaro makes an office desk chair, maybe Volvo should too !

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Just got my first Volvo this week, a 2019 S60 Inscription. These are by far the most comfortable car seats Ive ever sat in. Recaro makes an office desk chair, maybe Volvo should too !
I have see them for sale from time to time on a one-off basis - custom.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am planning on buying a V60 Insgina with the luxury seat package strictly because they fit my hard to fit body. Well, that and the new Volvo V-60 is my kind of car with my kind of tech. But to be honest before trying out the luxury seat in the S-60 (same cockpit as v60) there were no other cars I was considering. Nobody is making a seat as comfortable for me. I am going to pay $56K for two seats and get a free car, as I see it. I tried going the other way for years but never came up with a safe way to put a pair of $8K seats in a car that already had seats. The issue came down to defeating the airbag protection, and I won't do that. So while the MY2020 V60 is above my price range I am going to buy one so for the first time in 50 years I will have a seat that is exceedingly comfortable for my body type, which is long and not overweight. I am built like a Northern European and so it is no surprise that cars they build might fit my body type. I wish all cars had better seats, but I will be happy when I have one of my own that fit great. PS...I won't pay $3200 for a B&W sound upgrade, but I will pay $2200 for the seat Amazing seats...And nice that the co-driver gets the same great seat too. Thank you Volvo!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
One of the reasons I have kept my 850 R so long. I cannot find a seat in a new car as comfortable as what I have from 1996.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I actually made one. I took a 2001 V70 front driver seat and mounted it to a chair base and used it for the past 16 years. I even connected a 12 volt power supply to activate the heated seats and the power adjustments.

I would not recommend it for sitting in it for extended periods of time. I sat in that for min 8 hours a day for 16 years. I started to develop severe lower back pain over the past 5-6 years. It turns out the Volvo office chair was the culprit.

I got a Herman Miller Aeron office chair 2 years ago and my lower back pains are gone.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I actually made one. I took a 2001 V70 front driver seat and mounted it to a chair base and used it for the past 16 years. I even connected a 12 volt power supply to activate the heated seats and the power adjustments.

I would not recommend it for sitting in it for extended periods of time. I sat in that for min 8 hours a day for 16 years. I started to develop severe lower back pain over the past 5-6 years. It turns out the Volvo office chair was the culprit.

I got a Herman Miller Aeron office chair 2 years ago and my lower back pains are gone.
Thanks. I appreciate the recommendation. I’m going to look into this. I have developed back pain too.

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ikea should work with Volvo to come up with a range of Volvo-centric furniture

·
Registered
64 Posts
Funny, I have a 96 Volvo 850 T5 and I always think the same thing. What is also so amazing about the seats is that they have kept their comfort and form after sitting on them for over 23 years. There is no seat in the world that could do that!! Volvo makes the best seats. No question about that.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Funny, I have a 96 Volvo 850 T5 and I always think the same thing. What is also so amazing about the seats is that they have kept their comfort and form after sitting on them for over 23 years. There is no seat in the world that could do that!! Volvo makes the best seats. No question about that.
Its the main reason we’ve traded our BMW and Subaru for an XC90 and a new S60......we drive 4 and 5 hours at a time quite often and needed to take an Advil upon arrival,in our other cars, now it NO PROBLEM!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Update on Seat discovery.
For me buying a Volvo is about the seats! So in my quest to find the right car with the right seat I have been on a quest. Recently, I discovered that the MY2019 V-60 R has a thigh extension that differs greatly from that of the Inscription thigh extension. For me, a tall 200 lb guy with very long femur bones in the legs the 'R' seat has turned up ends on the extension that offer the same kind of bolstered support as the seat back, unlike the Inscription, luxury seats that have a turned down thigh support configuration. This is a very big deal for me and tall, slim, or athletic built people. For those of you who are large AND tall, or otherwise large overall proportions, the luxury seat extensions available for the Inscription would be better suited and very comfortable. I didn't drive the V-60 R yet, but sitting in it was a revelation! Crossing the Inscription off my list as possible OSD choice at this point.
Once again...I think an extended test drive of several hours is the only way hard to fit bodies can make the right choice for automotive seating.
Next Project....Sport Chassis V-60 R. Too harsh or just more fun????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts