SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even if we do say so ourselves. :D

Hi I'm Dave Kaplan. Rave Imports Inc is the brain child of myself and my partner Ryan Mc Shay. We have 40 years of Volvo dealership repair experience between us. I have won the Volvo VISTA award and been rated a Expert level Master Technician every year since that rating has been in existence. My partner is the brightest young tech I have ever met. So after all this experience we have decided we can do it better on our own and charge only about half the price. Check out our reviews on yelp and superpages!

We are also glad to answer any Volvo questions we can for you on this thread. So post 'em if you got 'em!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Again, Dave and Ryan recently did my slave, PP, and clutch. Car drives perfect. As a former tech, it was hard for me to let someone else touch my car. They did NOT disappoint!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
OK,I have a problem that has totally perplexed one Indy and one Volvo dealer. When the car is cold the AFR is erratic, it drops down to 10, the car stumbles, the car will over correct and it will bounce up to 16, this is only at idle, the car runs fine otherwise. It will exhibit this behavior until the car is fully warmed up, then it will idle perfectly fine. There is never a problem under load, only at idle and only when cold. The dealer ran a complete electrical fault test, fuel pressure test, etc, they found nothing wrong. No codes, the coilpaks are new, plugs new, car has relatively low miles, 37K, for a 2005. It has been extensively modified, but is extremely well taken care of and still looks new. Oil is changed every 6 mos irregardless of mileage, with my usage about every 2600 miles. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Sounds like tired O2 sensor acting funny til warmed up. Hard to say unless a full list of mods is posted.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Most of the mods are in my signature,however, K16 turbo, (think of it as an updated K24), 550cc injectors, ENEM cams, inlet upgrade, intake, meth/water injection, new stock TCV, forge CBV, new hd IPD coilpaks, new plugs, one heat range colder, elevate DP and exhaust, custom FMIC, all new silicone lines, intake pipe, etc. Car runs great, cold idle is a little annoying, after 5 minutes driving the idle is perfectly fine. I'll try replacing the front O2 sensor, I've already spent a little $$ trying to remedy this. I replaced the RPM sensor already, and coilpaks and plugs, no change. Thanks for the advice, so far I just live with it, I thought it was the PEM, dealer said no.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm. Car sounds pretty sick man! Good luck with your chase!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I always like to start with the basics. I hope you dont mind if you have already checked this but I have seen way too many guys go right past them and dive into the electronics too soon. So check for vacuum leaks including crazy ones like a stuck open purge valve or a leaky brake booster. Check that the throttle is clean and the crankcase can breathe. Check for good compression and that the timing hasnt jumped. Any of these will mess with your idle and might not leave a trouble code. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Cleaned throttle body already, checked for leaks first, had a loose connection at T for boost gauge. Replaced PCV, new MAF sensor, checked position and connections on MAP. I checked those items first.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Do you open on weekends?

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Important update! Rave Volvo is moving October 1st! Our new improved location is

163 Washington Street
Peabody MA 01960
(978) 531-0025

Our labor rate is still only $65. per hour!

Hours: Monday thru Saturday Fri 7AM to 6PM
Sundays by appointment

Chapel most timing belts approximately $350.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Important update! Rave Volvo is moving October 1st! Our new improved location is

163 Washington Street
Peabody MA 01960
(978) 531-0025

Our labor rate is still only $65. per hour!

Hours: Monday thru Saturday Fri 7AM to 6PM
Sundays by appointment

Chapel most timing belts approximately $350.
Oh! I just remembered! check out our new website! too www.raveimportsinc.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
you should have a "open house" sort of meet! get some of the local RI/CT/MA even NH and such get together and get the word out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had RAVE do the t-belt,idler,tensioner & water pump and they did not disappoint. I called them first thing this morning to get some info about doing the job and Dave said they had a cancellation and if I wanted to drive up they would get me in today, So I did and they did. Ryan even gave me a ride to a local mall so I could hang there while they did the job. Ryan called me when the car was done and picked me back up at the mall and brought me back to the shop. I drove it home about 75 miles without a problem! RAVE IMPORTS is LEGIT in my book, anytime I need major work done on my wagon I will not hesitate to get out to you guys. Thanks Dave,Ryan & Rachel

Ian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts