1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
I thought these might be discontinued, I know several retailers were having trouble getting them in. I looked around and found them on Amazon...I never expected a deal this nice! I bought 2 pair and waited until they actually showed up to post this. I bought a pair of the rears from the same seller, they were less of a deal, but not bad.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008721AQQ?keywords=asp1001&qid=1445004528&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
Dude, you're awesome. Find any rears or are those the only ones?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
911 Posts
I run the Akebono ceramics and they're great pads as far as performance is concerned as well as wear (minimal) and dust (negligible compared to stock). However, they tend to make some noise, particularly at slower speeds. I have them paired with Carbon Centric rotors.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I run the Akebono ceramics and they're great pads as far as performance is concerned as well as wear (minimal) and dust (negligible compared to stock). However, they tend to make some noise, particularly at slower speeds. I have them paired with Carbon Centric rotors.
Pardon my ignorance, would these be compatible with the stock R rotors?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm running them on OEM rotors. Same as mentioned above: very low dust, good performance (could use a little more initial bite but might also be due for a bleed). I get a very faint squeal when cold and at walking speeds maybe 1 time per month. Hardly ever notice it.

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Wow, the same price for two sets of fronts as I paid for one set of OEM fronts back in 2011... Awesome! Thanks BFM! :beer:

EDIT: I decided not to buy the rears since they are less of a deal. Did get the fronts since they are so cheap. Rears $1 cheaper through eBay, in case someone has eBay Bucks or giftcards they can use there:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akebono-EUR592-Rear-Ceramic-Brake-Pads-/400689276274

EDIT EDIT: When I bought OEM Rears back in 2011, they cost me $52 from IPD. Today, they are selling them for $116. I may end up going back and ordering Akebono rears, as well.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm running them on OEM rotors. Same as mentioned above: very low dust, good performance (could use a little more initial bite but might also be due for a bleed). I get a very faint squeal when cold and at walking speeds maybe 1 time per month. Hardly ever notice it.
+1 Exact same review as I would give. Very good pad.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Not bad but I just installed a set of Bosch Quietcast Front's from IPD I got for $31 on sale. So far no noise at all and seem to be biting like the OE's that came off. I really just wanted a cheap pad until I did a OE Rotors and pads all around but I may just be keeping these.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Just picked up fronts and rears from this seller. Damn good deal and they came pretty damn fast for non-amazon prime free shipping. Thanks for finding this deal Bigfieroman.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Excellent pads... no noise, hardly any dust and very good wear. I've had them on my R for at least 30k now and would replace them with the same in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Glad I bought them. Anyone wanna chime in with rotor knowledge? Looking at stock brembos for 360 for all four corners or Adams rotors for 400 all around. Was looking at doing slotted for the look and possible slight gain in braking.

·
Registered
536 Posts
So awesome, thanks man!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts