SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why is it a victim?
A victim from the perspective of it not being made in Sweden for surrounding countries anymore. They make the majority for the S60/S60Ls in Genth and Chengdu. This won't affect anything, it is also because of declining sales, not surprising the Scandinavian counties due to the overwhelming popularity of wagons.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They've had a limited S60 production in Torslanda since 2013 I believe.
Any idea which specific S60 models are produced in Torslanda, or any other reasons to have a limited production line for the S60 in Sweden when the main production line in Ghent isn't all that far away?

I do know my S60 is currently in Torslanda on the production line (or whill be one of these days) and not in Ghent, because it was not ordered via the normal dealer channels but via the diplomatic sales channel.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea which specific S60 models are produced in Torslanda, or any other reasons to have a limited production line for the S60 in Sweden when the main production line in Ghent isn't all that far away?

I do know my S60 is currently in Torslanda on the production line (or whill be one of these days) and not in Ghent, because it was not ordered via the normal dealer channels but via the diplomatic sales channel.
Because of the XC60 and V40/V40CC production in Ghent. Two of the bestselling models in the lineup. Both were together hitting over 200k in sales and Ghent has limit of 270-290K units/year I believe.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I guess more things will be made in China now that the trans pacific partnership will be in place soon.
There is no direct correlation between the TPP and China. See https://ustr.gov/tpp/.

Here are the countries directly signing onto TPP: Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, United States, Vietnam, Chile, Brunei, Singapore, New Zealand.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
They've had a limited S60 production in Torslanda since 2013 I believe.
Correct. Ghent was all about the "60s" and the "40s" until some S60/V60 production was moved to Torslanda in order to accommodate the global demand for the XC60.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts