SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Gothenburg Drop Off and Sailing Home

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dhorvath 
#1 ·
We'll be dropping off our car at the FDC at the end of our trip. 2 Questions (for now, at least!):

1) How long does that process take? (Any special advice for a late afternoon drop-off is appreciated.)

2) What is the shipping schedule from Gothenburg? I believe they ship cars every 2 weeks from there, and I'm trying to determine if I'll get to see our car again before I deploy to Afghanistan or if my wife will have to pick it up at the dealer by herself. (We're dropping it off at the factory on July 24th.)

#2 ·
1. 10-15 minutes, especially if you advise the staff about your further plans in advance. The shipping packet will be ready for your signature.

You can also sign all papers at the delivery, and ask for after-hours drop-off at the secured parking lot, if your travel plans do not allow you to be at the FDC during regular business hours.

2. Consider 4 to 6 weeks for Washington, DC and around 8 to 10 weeks for Washington State

#3 ·
I think I spent 5 minutes with Marcus, most of it going over my nit-picking defect list. It was *very* quick.

I did take the factory tour on drop-off day (was closed on delivery day) so I was there a lot longer than 5 minutes. I got to see my car sitting in the back in the "ship to the US" lot.

It took exactly 5 weeks for me to get my car in Suburban Philadelphia.

There are swedespeed threads that detail how to track your car during shipping. It will be hard to resist checking hourly...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.