SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went for business in Dubai and Chennai India, and while there I left the R to get some much needed attention....
I have heard good things about this shop down in Rockville, MD not sure if I can say the name according to forum rules, butif you want the name and number txt me.

Anyway... got the following done....
Timing belt, tensioner, idler pulley and serpentine belt
Got new CBV valve installed, it was on group buy on here some time ago
Got rid of the IPD TCV valve that was causing my car to "stutter" under WOT load, and got new stock one. This was tested separately before other parts was installed.
New headlamp wipers
Wind noise from driver side windows fixed
Oil change
Back brakes, both calipers and pads,
handbrake fixed

In short, the R is running better then it ever has right now, so happy.....

Now it is time for me to install my newest acquisition from India.... Twin 125DB horns... oooh yeah ;-)

·
Registered
398 Posts
How did you fix the wind noise from your window? Was the door not aligned properly? Or was there body work to be done? My passenger side makes it at anything over 60 and it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
So I went for business in Dubai and Chennai India, and while there I left the R to get some much needed attention....
I have heard good things about this shop down in Rockville, MD not sure if I can say the name according to forum rules, butif you want the name and number txt me.

Anyway... got the following done....
Timing belt, tensioner, idler pulley and serpentine belt
Got new CBV valve installed, it was on group buy on here some time ago
Got rid of the IPD TCV valve that was causing my car to "stutter" under WOT load, and got new stock one. This was tested separately before other parts was installed.
New headlamp wipers
Wind noise from driver side windows fixed
Oil change
Back brakes, both calipers and pads,
handbrake fixed

In short, the R is running better then it ever has right now, so happy.....

Now it is time for me to install my newest acquisition from India.... Twin 125DB horns... oooh yeah ;-)
+1. Isn't it nice when you come back to have your car upgraded and ready to drive?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
How did you fix the wind noise from your window? Was the door not aligned properly? Or was there body work to be done? My passenger side makes it at anything over 60 and it drives me nuts.
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the weatherstripping at the top of the door, where the front and rear doors meet, there's a little nipple that doesn't appear to make a seal. You'll see what I mean... Mine does it too, and since I recently had body work done it was slightly adjusted or something... Not as bad now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wind noise was fixed by simply moving the rubber in between the window and the door.... I thought I had to buy a whole new rubber fitting for the whole door, but they told me they could fix it without getting a new one... that for me is a winner... ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts