SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Re: Got Superchip tuning,not a magic at all. (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »
There's a difference between HP claims, and real-world HP gains.

In my opinion, I think that virtually all the ECU upgrading companies out there end up with pretty much the same horsepower increases.

Personally, I would LOVE to see someone like, ahem, Rolling, or Swedespeed, etc. do a comparison dyno for:
Evolve (PowerChips)
IPD (MTE)
BSR
HEICO

Yeah, so you're spending 4 grand. But oh, the word-of-mouth advertising you'd get for something like that!!!
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

The only problem with that is there would be a clear winner and the would hurt the competiton probably to the point the winner could hike up their price, or on the other hand make the competiton step it up.

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Re: Got Superchip tuning,not a magic at all. ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
If someone is better, they should be able to charge more...

What we have now is fairly large price discrepancies, with no objective comparison testing done...

But, at the Nurburgring will will have two stage 2 RICA V70Rs (+ FMICs), a Full Evolve/Powerchips Power Pack (3.5" DP, exhaust), and a BSR with Filter/DP/Exhaust.

BSR has already edged out the Evolve tune here, even with the BSR carrying 100 extra pounds more weight...
I think people want cars that are stock and the same driver and the same dyno to do the runs, each car would have to do dyno runs in stock form, and then after the reflash. We would then take the best run, then the driver would to 1320 passes on a drag strip and runs to lets say 120, and thats asking too much but i'd like to see it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.