SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I posted a while back about lowering springs on a V70R for just the rear. I wanted to check to see if anyone had done it and was pleased. Well I wasn't planning on getting any until I found some TME rear springs for $70 so I bought them (I figured that was a good price since a full set of new Eibachs go for about $280).

Anyways, I've read up on this and it sounds like once they are installed they get a preliminary alignment and then I need to let them settle for about a month and re-do the alignment. I just wanted to make sure there isn't anything else I am missing from this process (easy as it is). If you have any advice on this or have had lowering springs on the wagon I'd love to hear your before/after story and if you are still happy with it lowered.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Re: Got Springs?? (so_calR)

I believe you need to do a SUM recalculation/adjustment once the springs settle.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: Got Springs?? (PM)

Yes you do need SUM recal. Just wait 2-3 wheels after putting them on and do the alignment.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (so_calR)

Quote, originally posted by so_calR »
Just to verify, the SUM recalc is done after the springs settle?

Thanks.

Yes.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: Got Springs?? (xman03)

Quote, originally posted by xman03 »
Just wait 2-3 wheels after putting them on and do the alignment.

What do you mean by wheels?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
weeks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to go through about 2 or 3 sets of wheels before doing the alignment...seemed like the sensible timeline to allow for the springs to REALLY settle...

(People here really, really like typo's I've noticed
)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got the springs in. they are blue and heavy, not sure what to expect other than that they look like springs.

There is some minor scuffing on the springs and it looks like they may have collapsed enough to make contact with each other enough times to cause the scuffing/scratching. I'll try and post pics later

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

Curious to find out where you ended up getting the sum adj. I'll have to get one shortly. Getting tme springs installed next week.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (PM)

Quote, originally posted by PM »
Curious to find out where you ended up getting the sum adj. I'll have to get one shortly. Getting tme springs installed next week.

Not adjustment, calibration.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

So I got the springs in. they are blue and heavy, not sure what to expect other than that they look like springs.

There is some minor scuffing on the springs and it looks like they may have collapsed enough to make contact with each other enough times to cause the scuffing/scratching. I'll try and post pics later

Normal.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

So I got the springs in. they are blue...

Bright blue? Sounds like you got Evolve springs not TME.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (PhilUp)

Quote, originally posted by PhilUp »

Bright blue? Sounds like you got Evolve springs not TME.

And TME springs will have their name on them. If you don't see the TME logo then they are bogus.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: (850arrrsaylikepirate)

Quote, originally posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate »

And TME springs will have their name on them. If you don't see the TME logo then they are bogus.

Last time I checked TME springs are black.

+1 on the logo

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Re: (redalrt)

Quote, originally posted by redalrt »

Last time I checked TME springs are black.

+1 on the logo

you mean when you checked a day or two ago...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: (atacamaR)

...um, yeah.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: (atacamaR)

Now that I think about it, Evolve springs in the rear and stock in front may look really funny once they settle and if you load up the rear:

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (redalrt)

Huh, I don't get it,

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ugh, not what I wanted to hear. The seller claimed TME, but the springs do not say TME on it.

The springs are dark blue with some plastic wrapping on one end to protect against scratching when they compress to the point of touching. I am working in another city for a few days and won't be able to post pics.

That's a real bummer as I won't put Evolve on my wagon for the reason stated earlier, just bottom out when I load it up, besides it will look really weird to have the rear lower than the front...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.