1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
nice...now, some lowering springs, front r spoilers...hehe...j/k...be careful with those babies huh?
use the side mirrors to parallel park to avoid curb rashing those rims.

ipd has some clear corners for 88 a set...a regular corner at dealer is about 40~45 bucks...

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Nice, very nice

Are those gun metal gray? That looks nice with the tint and plastic trim, kinda ties it all together. Makes me think about dark rims...

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mrmandmman:
better take it off the wish list

Of your wish list.....all i have is clear corners, want to trade?
I have a set on the way

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by steve s:
nice...now, some lowering springs, front r spoilers...hehe...j/k...be careful with those babies huh?
use the side mirrors to parallel park to avoid curb rashing those rims.

ipd has some clear corners for 88 a set...a regular corner at dealer is about 40~45 bucks...
Know where I can get an R spoiler?

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So now the question is, what tires do I buy, the P7000 super sports on them are kinda ****ed up. The wear is really un-even on one of the wheels, the pre-owner said his supension was the cause. One of the wheels has 3 holes in it
. It is running ok for now, but I need to get new rubber on soon-ish. I was looking at www.tirerack.com, and I can get new P7000 Super Sports for 104 each. Or... Yokohama Parada Spec-2 for 98 each. Hum, they have a p7000 all weather also. Not sure what to get

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
u can always try to get it from the dealer...but if u get it painted thereafter, make sure the spoiler doesn't stretch the paint and cause some cracking (personal exp...). u could also get it pre-painted from volvo factory. if u don't lower, u'd prob have no problem with scrapping issues...

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by steve s:
u can always try to get it from the dealer...but if u get it painted thereafter, make sure the spoiler doesn't stretch the paint and cause some cracking (personal exp...). u could also get it pre-painted from volvo factory. if u don't lower, u'd prob have no problem with scrapping issues...
For painting flexible parts such as the front spoiler there is a flex compound added into the paint. It will make the paint bend with the surface a bit before cracking. A quality bodyshop should know to do this without mentioning it but may be a good idea to ask.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
$13,500
and I had a friend looking for a car, who is going to buy mine for $11,000.

So basicly I lucked the **** out

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kaizai,

If you don't mind me asking...

Where did you get your Volans and how much did those puppies set you back?

I'd like to breathe some new life into my '96 850 GLT.

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Kaizai:
$13,500
and I had a friend looking for a car, who is going to buy mine for $11,000.

So basicly I lucked the **** out

CONGRATS!!!

Man, I need one of those... someday.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts