SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If you have nordkap interior, the stock knob fits it perfectly IMHO. But congrats!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Do you also have a short shift kit installed? It doesn't sit that low stock does it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha ya but i broke my stock one. Read somewhere to turn it counter clockwise and it would pop right off, they also said it was kinda hard but nothing broke so i did it kinda hard then really hard and broke the pin lol then went back to the post and read it agin this time i see the part where it says push down while turning lol oppps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No short shift it sits that low if you chose not to use the spacers that are provided. I like mine as low as possible so i didnt use them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I really like the look. I want one too but getting other things sorted out first. though I might space it a little higher.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Do you also have a short shift kit installed? It doesn't sit that low stock does it?
On our cars the short shift kit is installed under the hood at the shift linkage. No changes in height of shifter. You can choose to space the TWM knob or not, IIRC there were two or three different size spacers that came with the knob.

·
Registered
336 Posts
oh. good to know. that was lower down on my list of things to do thinking that it lowered the height. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
Nice. You bought the same finish I got.

And you think that's low? Mine with the short shift kit and shortened rod sits lower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ha nice how does it feel that low and how do i make the rod lower? I cut threads all the way down until the bigger round part?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Same here, I cut mine all the way down as far as I could without showing below the knob.

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
ha nice how does it feel that low and how do i make the rod lower? I cut threads all the way down until the bigger round part?
Personal preference. I like it but I didn't choose to install it this way. My shifter was installed higher before, but since Volvo decided to use some ****ty metal for the shifter rod and because it was so thin up top, it snapped right at the pin hole point. And left me having to thread even lower. Lol so that's the story

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Here was my install.

Let me first say that this shift knob is awesome. No comparison to the MOMO shift knob it is replacing. Nice work guys. While I was installing the TWM shift knob I broke the shaft over tightening the insert as you will see below. At first I was pissed:mad: but the guys (thanks Patrick) at TWM sent a new insert out to me right away. After all is said and done I like it better now that it sits lower on the shaft.:D

Old MOMO knob....

Threading the shaft....

Broken shaft.:mad: As you can see it broke where the hole was for the pin and it was stuck in the old insert. We tried to remove the broken part of the shaft from the old insert but no luck.

Installing the new insert....

And now for the best part, installing the new TWM shift knob....:D

Mr. 2005 S60 R Silver/Nordkap
Mrs. 2005 XC90 V8 Silver/Off Black
Daily Driver 2004 V70 Black/Oak Cloth
Swedish Chariots
Auto Club // Motorsports

1 - 16 of 16 Posts